Title: IT Project Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA or Sacramento, CA
Summary of Work:
Our client seeks one (1) IT Project Manager to administer the Court IT projects and provide coordination functions needed with the various trial court, justice partner and vendor participants in the projects. The position will manage the project from initiation through implementation with the courts, including tracking progress and assisting with required reporting and related project activities.
The project manager is part of a team providing technical project management and oversight for multiple technology projects in support of application and service development and deployments in conjunction with a team of architects, developers, network engineer, security engineers, vendors, local court IT staff and justice partners.
Minimum Job-Specific Skills/Qualifications Required (in order of relative importance):
- Over 5 years of experience managing multiple medium to large complex projects
- Demonstrated experience in developing project approach, plans and schedules
- Proven track record in leading, organizing, and coordinating multiple work activities simultaneously.
- Proven track record in delivery of on-time, on-budget projects with a high degree of user satisfaction and quality.
- Proven track record implementing varying principles and techniques of project management, including the ability to develop and track complex project plans, manage risks, manage scope, and manage resources.
- Experience in managing project financials (budgeting, forecasting, tracking and reconciliation)
- Proven track record of managing complex relationships among customers and stakeholders on projects which has significant executive oversight.
- Knowledge of product development principles
- Proven track record of building coalitions among various stakeholders
- Experienced at establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experienced with the principles of full life cycle systems design, development, and deployment.
- Experienced with providing clear goals, responsibilities, and providing measurable performance and feedback.
- Excellent analytical capabilities and the ability to breakdown complex ideas into manageable pieces.
- Ability to identify and evaluate alternative solutions, costs and benefits
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences, including creating and presenting executive summaries to steering committees and other executive level leadership.
- Experience managing technical projects, including conflict resolution, issue escalations, status reporting and resource management.
- Excellent oral, written, analytical and communication skills with the ability to lead a technical discussion to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent presentation skills for both technical and non-technical audiences, including creating and presenting executive summaries to management and technical committees.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and conflict resolution skills
- Experienced with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Project, and Visio.
Additional Skills/Qualifications Desired:
- Recent experience within government agencies or public bodies with projects of a similar type.
- Experience with local, state or Federal IT Projects
- Subject domain knowledge/experience/expertise in the following areas:
- Cloud services, SaaS, PaaS and IaaS (AWS, Azure and/or GCP)
- Application development (n-tier application and client/server system design)
- System security policies and procedures
- Web-based application deployment
- Networking concepts: routing, switching, security, remote access, proxy
- Cloud secuirty
- Samples of relevant published work are desired such as technical implementation plans, architectural as-built documentation, test plans, scope of work, project summary sheets, high level network diagrams, etc.
- Certified project manager (PMP) with agile/scrum training and certification
Description of Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide project management and leadership to multiple project
- Define and clarify project scope and approach
- Develop project charters, project plans, and detailed task plans, to ensure alignment of and sign off from stakeholders
- Develop the project deliverables, schedule and track detailed progress, and issues.;
- Communicate project activities, performance and status
- Develop and collaborate with project teams to communicate the product vision, policies and procedures, and product roadmap to support the achievement of project objectives
- Manage scope, resources, schedule, financials and expectations; and report frequently to stakeholders and team members.
- Develop project cost and benefit estimates; estimate project needs for staff and consultants.
- Identify and clarify roles and tasks of project team members; develop work breakdown structures and identify needed services or positions.
- Provide leadership, direction, training and work review; organize and assign work, set priorities, and follow up to ensure coordination and completion of assigned work to project team members.
- Manage the project timelines for a cross functional team to design, develop, and deliver digital services
- Work with clients, team members, and management to understand business requirements and ensure that client expectations are understood and met.
- Communicate with contracted vendors, trial court personnel, justice partners, and management regarding deployment strategies, identified issues, and possible resolutions.
- Manage the development lifecycle of prototype solutions
- Engage in project management delivery tools including, but not limited to, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, project schedules, issues lists and change requests logs.
- Manage complex relationships, such as multiple internal partners, significant executive oversight, and multiple distinct user groups
- Apply project management methodologies to core project team members, providing training on sprints or scrums to those unfamiliar, as needed.
- Assign tasks and make decisions about features and technical implementation details to ensure timely delivery of products
- Manage project risks and develop contingency and/or mitigation plans
- Facilitate issue resolution and escalate issues that cannot be resolved within the team
- Work closely with the Program Manager and project team(s) to identify and evaluate technical solutions (i.e. evaluating different tools or system solutions, as needed; analyze the pros and cons of each solution including preparing high-level budgets) to ensure the quality and timeliness of product deliverables.
- Other tasks, as assigned.
- Monthly Status Report