Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: IT Project Manager
Location: Atlanta Georgia 30303
Term: 12 months
- Works with Information Technology Leadership to identify specific opportunities or weakness within assigned projects and make specific project performance improvement changes to structures, processes, or people.
- Briefs and presents project status to Agency and State level executives.
- Work with the project steering committee and senior project management.
- Develops time and cost estimates, project plans/schedules, and budgets.
- Works with security, architectural and quality assurance teams to utilize established system standards, procedures, and quality objectives.
- Oversees and controls ongoing costs, schedules, resources, scope, and risks.
- Directs project team members to take necessary action steps to achieve the goals and objectives of the project.
- Facilitate critical process assessments and redesign for process improvements.
- Chairs, manages, or facilitates project kickoff meetings, communicating individual roles and project expectations.
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project sponsors, vendors, and key clients
- Ensure that all project team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively.
- Manage scope by using a variety of data sources to support project negotiations related to time, cost, and/or quality.
- Develops, monitors, coordinates and oversees project activities, such as scheduling, tracking, and reporting; leads change efforts impacting own projects.
- Monitors project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule. Identify ways to resolve schedule issues. Keeps management aware of the situation.
- Assesses variances from the project plan, gathers metrics, and develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives.
- Conduct formal review with business sponsor at project completion to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- PMP certification from PMI or equivalent certification.
- 10+ years of experience leading projects of moderate to high complexity.
- 7+ years of hands on experience leading server-based application development/enhancement projects.
- Experience within the last 5 years leading and coordinating vendor managed projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or specialized training and IT project management experience.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with MS Project, MS Visio, SharePoint 2013, and MS O365.
- 5+ years of experience and knowledge migrating on-premise applications to cloud environment.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with Government Health and Human Services Eligibility Systems, projects and business processes.
- Experience working in State Government.
- Experience working in an Enterprise outsourced environment.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!