Title: IT Project Manager
Location: San Francisco or Sacramento
Summary of Work:
Serve as IT Project Manager to administer the Court IT Modernization projects and provide coordination functions needed with the various trial court, justice partner and vendor participants in the projects. This position will manage the project from initiation through implementation with the courts; tracking progress and assisting with required reporting and related project activities.
Minimum Job-Specific Skills/Qualifications Required (in order of relative importance):
- Proven track record in leading, organizing, and coordinating multiple work activities simultaneously.
- Proven track record in delivery of on-time, on-budget projects with a high degree of user satisfaction and quality.
- Proven track record implementing varying principles and techniques of project management, including the ability to develop and track complex project plans, manage risks, manage scope, and manage resources.
- Experience applying project management skills to application redesigns.
- Knowledge of principles of case and data management systems and product development.
- Proven track record of managing complex relationships among stakeholders on a project which has significant executive oversight.
- Proven track record of building coalitions among various stakeholders using excellent conflict resolution skills, where needed.
- Experienced at establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experienced with the principles of full life cycle systems design, development, and deployment.
- Experienced with providing clear goals, responsibilities, and providing measurable performance and feedback.
- Excellent analytical capabilities and the ability to breakdown complex ideas into manageable pieces.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences, including creating and presenting executive summaries to steering committees and other executive level leadership.
- Experienced with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Project, and Visio.
- Knowledge of digital government and digital government strategies
- Ability to identify and evaluate alternative solutions, costs and benefits.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing.
Additional Skills/Qualifications Desired:
- Recent experience within government agencies or public bodies with projects of a similar type.
- Certified project manager (PMP) with agile/scrum training and certification
Description of Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide project management and leadership for the California Courts IT Modernization Projects
- Define and clarify project scope
- Develop project charters, project plans, and detailed task plans, to ensure alignment of and sign off from stakeholders
- Develop the project schedule and track detailed progress, issues, and deliverables; Communicate project activities, performance and status
- Develop and collaborate with product teams to communicate the product vision, policies and procedures, and product roadmap to support the achievement of project objectives
- Analyze and scope the technical and policy requirements needed to implement digital solutions for court users
- Manage scope, resources, schedule, and expectations; and report frequently to stakeholders and team members.
- Develop project cost and benefit estimates; estimate project needs for staff and consultants.
- Identify and clarify roles and tasks of project teams; defining the structure and identify needed services or positions.
- Provide leadership, direction, training and work review; organize and assign work, set priorities, and follow up to ensure coordination and completion of assigned work to project team members.
- Manage the project timelines for a cross functional team to design, develop, and deliver digital services
- Work with clients, team members, and management to understand business requirements and ensure that client expectations are understood and met.
- Communicate with contracted vendors, trial court personnel, justice partners, and management regarding deployment strategies, identified issues, and possible resolutions.
- Manage the development lifecycle of prototypes for pretrial risk assessment data collection and reporting.
- Engage in project management delivery tools including, but not limited to, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, project schedules, issues lists and change requests logs.
- Manage complex relationships, such as multiple internal partners, significant executive oversight, and multiple distinct user groups
- Lead sprints or other project management methodologies to core project team members, providing training on sprints or scrums to those unfamiliar, as needed.
- Assign tasks and make decisions about features and technical implementation details to ensure timely delivery of products
- Manage project risks and develop contingency and/or mitigation plans
- Facilitate issue resolution and escalate issues that cannot be resolved in the team
- Work closely with the Program Manager and Pilot Project team(s) to identify and evaluate technical solutions (i.e. evaluating different tools or system solutions, as needed; analyze the pros and cons of each solution including preparing high-level budgets) to ensure the quality and timeliness of product deliverables.
- Track and monitor that the project is delivered within budget, on schedule, and in scope.
- Other tasks, as assigned.