Contract to Hire opportunity in Scottsdale, AZ. The IT Project Manager performs project management and coordinates business integration. As project managers, they plan, execute, and finalize projects according to the deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
The IT Project Manager will also
- define the new development objectives and oversee quality control throughout its development/construction life cycle.
- create and maintain an information technology plan that communicates tasks, milestone dates, status and resource allocation for projects, initiatives, and support.
- coordinates delivery of development and production releases that meet quality assurance standards. Assist technical team in design and development tasks. Assist test team in creating test plans and testing efforts.
- Coordinate to identify, prioritize, and manage s projects and technology tasks.
- Serve as liaison between the Development/Construction and IT to facilitate planning, coordination and project efforts
- Build and maintain the IT Roadmap strategy documents managed by the New Development, Acquisition and Disposition of assets
- Develop, present, and lead project planning efforts including project definition, project justification/NPV, proposals, success criteria, risks/issues, requirements definition, technical design, testing procedures and documentation, system documentation, user training, and production delivery while coordinating and communicating with business and technical resources.
- Manage the implementation of system enhancements and new systems through the project life cycle insuring appropriate documentation and processes to ensure compliance.
- Consult with business and IT partners to strategize, plan and implement needed projects within designated time and budget constraints.
- Recognize and document business process gaps and propose improvements.
- Extensive knowledge of interfaces, integrations and process flows.
- Maintain demand management list and work queues for managing the IT workload and communicating priorities and resource allocation to the business.
- Host and facilitate regular meetings with business and technical resources for status updates, requirements definition, technical design, architectural reviews, demand management, and audit review.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Maintain appropriate status reports, meeting minutes, and follow-up with business partners and technical resources.
- Create and execute project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before delivery to the business or production support.
- Effectively applies appropriate project and development methodology and enforces project and development standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes and manages exposure and risk on projects.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Maintain project actual and forecasted budgets utilizing the various IT systems used for requests for expenditures, purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and invoices.
- Understanding of IT methodologies, processes, and project management
- BA degree in information business, management, technology or equivalent experience (minimum 3-5 years)
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in facilitating and managing small to large projects through project life cycle leading teams of 2-5 technical and business resources.
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in a technical business analyst role working with technical IT resources.
- Understanding and familiarity with array technologies such as operating systems, security, networking, programming, databases, development languages, etc.
Ability to create/maintain project metrics and manage customer expectations on a weekly/monthly basis including delivery schedules, scope management, risks/issues, and budget through the life of the project(s).
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills with a strong focus on customer interaction, customer service, and presentation.
- A motivated self-starter with capability to operate on their own with little direction and/or monitoring along with an enterprise vision – ability to see big picture and relate to corporate strategy
- Capability to help deliver quality business solutions within restricted timelines while appropriately communicating/escalating risks, issues, or constraints as necessary to business and/or IT management.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, business partners, and other departments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members, business partners, and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines and be able to change delivery of communication accordingly.
- Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions from technology perspective
- PMP Certification preferred not required
This position will require work outside normal business hours to accommodate project schedules at times.