Title: IT Manager, Financial Systems
Location: Bethesda, MD
Type: Contract-to-Hire - 6 months
Our client, the world's largest producer of wood pellets for energy consumption, is seeking an IT Manager, Financial Systems.
- Responsible for the operation and improvement of our Financial ERP and other associated Financial Systems.
- This position will manage technical and functional personnel and will also be responsible for providing key inputs to the IT roadmap.
- Supervise and manage direct reports on the IT Finance team
- Maintain high availability of our Dynamics AX 2012 environment
- Maintain and enforce best practices related to Microsoft AX development
- Act as a senior level consultant for our migration from AX 2012 to D365
- Manage portfolio and status in Azure DevOps
- Meet with end users to give status updates and build backlog of work
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven track record of leading IT teams, defining and operationalizing best in breed data governance principles, and change management as it relates to Finance ERP.
- Experience managing diverse teams of employees and consultants, with an emphasis on staff development and employee growth.
- At least 1 full life cycle D365 implementation.
- Experience supporting FO, GL, AP, AR, FA, Project Accounting, Inventory modules.
- Demonstrates a strong initiative to learn, collaborate, be proactive in acquiring programming knowledge and skills, taking on new assignments and extending his/her knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC models, Agile Frameworks, and Product Management methodology
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Experience managing small teams of technologists and business analysts
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and translate customer requirements into working code.