Long term contract Opportunity!
Position: Senior Java Developer
Location: Des Moines, IA 50392-0001
Term: 3 Months Contract
· Create Java application designs that mesh with architectural guidelines and best practices.
· Coach and mentor other development staff on designs and coding best practices.
· Work within both Agile and Waterfall project teams.
· Provide Java application expertise and representation to management, vendors and internal business partners.
· Working with business partners to ensure Application Development staff is focusing on the right work at the right time.
· Coordinate work tasks with off-shore teammates.
· Work with project sponsors to plan needed staffing; maintaining attention to current utilization with an eye on how to level resources.
· Application Platform Services (APS) has a need for someone with Java development experience to help achieve a key APS Objective to “Clear the Path for the Future”. Collaborate with APS engineers to drive the improvement of existing Java applications that are used across multiple business units. There are several Java projects that need to be updated and improved. This will require digging into legacy code to understand how the applications work before implementing the improvements.
· Build Pipeline Experience: Many of the Java applications do not have an automated CI/CD or build pipeline in place in their current state. Spin up a pipeline to help with consistency in the build.
· Java Development Experience: Most of these projects are complex and require an understanding of Java development practices to ensure the applications continue to function properly for enterprise users across business units.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
· Bachelor's degree in a computer-related field or equivalent work experience.
· 6+ years of experience in IT field required.
· Proven experience as a Senior IT professional.
· Basic knowledge of insurance and financial services products preferred.
· Advanced planning/organizational, problem-solving, analytical, time management, decision-making, and communication skills required, as well as solid leadership and basic presentation skills.
· Able to effectively communicate technical plans, strategies, and designs to all levels of the company.
· Basic knowledge of business unit applications preferred.
· Able to maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
· Proficiency with database applications; knowledge of mainframe, distributed, and/or web programming languages.
· Required to provide on-call support.
· Enterprise Java development experience, ability to dig in and parse through legacy code with minimal documentation.
· Proactive, organized self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!