Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: IT Instructional Designer/Trainer
Location: Atlanta Georgia 30308
Term: 12 months
- Adhere to the priorities, objectives, and guidance of Team Leader and IT management.
- Participate in IT Projects to design and develop learning materials.
- Produce effective training presentations, tutorials, instructor and student guides, lesson plans/exercises in multiple media and formats suitable to course audience.
- Create, review, and update training materials and documentation based on user feedback, classroom surveys, IT version updates, and IT support tickets.
- Proactively and effectively communicate with Team Leader and IT management.
- Creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content.
- Working with subject matter experts and identifying target audience’s training needs.
- Developing training content to meet instructional goals/objectives.
- Create practical examples that students can apply within their use of IT application/system in their work environment.
- Applying tested instructional design theories, practice and methods.
- Measure/test user knowledge retention and transfer.
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods.
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.).
- Collect and maintain training data to support department key performance indicators.
- Conduct training courses, customer webinars, on-site customer training, and user group sessions.
- Establish effective relationships throughout the organization, both within IT and across business units / customers /stakeholders to identify/address gaps in user training.
- Remain knowledgeable about Georgia DOT IT applications and business strategies as related to training materials and courses.
- Assist technical managers, IT developers, and specialists to explain complex technical concepts and business/data workflows to non-technical audiences.
- Provide user training support with IT product launches and go-lives.
- Travel to business locations (within State of Georgia) to conduct training.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 6+ years of experience doing course design and development.
- 6+ years of experience developing and instructing in the development of web based training.
- 4+ years of IT technical training experience.
- Advance Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience using a web based course delivery tool such as Captivate, Camtasia, and Lector.
- 1+ years working in an LMS (Learning Management System).
- Experience developing user manuals, handouts, slides, exercises.
- Able to travel around the state of GA for work. Expenses will be reimbursed.
Even better if you have:
- Oracle Learning Management System work experience.
- Experience with developing content for workforce teaching and instruction.
- Strong technical background in computers, application development, transportation, or government.
- Familiarity with ITIL or REMEDY.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!