This nationwide industry leader has an immediate 6 month contract-to-hire opportunity in Irving, TX for an IT Help Desk Technician. Shifts available are:
- Monday-Friday 10am-7pm
- Tuesday-Friday 10am-7pm, Saturday 8:30am-5:30pm
Both shifts require an initial onsite training in Irving, TX for 3-4 weeks Monday-Friday from 10am-7pm.
After the completion of training, will be able to work remotely until the office reopens post-COVID (expected Q1 2021).
Will work on a team of 7 IT Help Desk Technicians responsible for maintaining the Help Desk and communications within the IT department.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Answering incoming phone calls.
- Performing general clerical and secretarial responsibilities combined with some technical assistance for end users.
- Generating reports
- Creating user IDs and email addresses.
- Providing newsletters from the department.
- Assisting users with technical questions
- Maintaining a database of Field Service Tickets and Check Lists.
- High school diploma
- 1+ year IT Help Desk experience or a Bachelor's Degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills (planning, record management, multi-tasking, etc).
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as computers, phone systems, fax machines, copier/scanners, etc.
- General computer knowledge and ability to type at least 55 wpm a must.
- Technical computer knowledge.
- *This position requires a Criminal Background check and drug screen. Must not having any driving related offenses (ie. DUIs, DWIs).