Title: IT Developer (JBSIS)
Location: Temporarily remote while SIP; Sacramento, CA or San Francisco, CA
Summary of Work
Seeking a full stack developer that can provide application design, development and testing. Daily responsibilities include the application design, development and testing for JBSIS.
Minimum Job-Specific Skills/Qualifications Required (in order of relative importance):
- Proven track record designing and developing enterprise and scalable systems, such as multi-tier, distributed and web-based system design and development principles and internet/intranet application delivery mechanisms.
- Proven track record of on-time, on-budget product development with a high degree of user satisfaction and quality.
- Hands on knowledge and experience with multiple languages and technologies: Lucee , Java/J2EE, Java Script, RESTful API, Microservices, SOAP based WebServices, XML, XLST, XSD, XPath, SQL, Angular, HTML, JSON, FTP, and Oracle products including WebLogic, Spring, Java Persistence API, Snowflake.
- Application Security using Azure Active Directory
- Experience with designing, developing and implementing ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes using Talend
- Proven track record in designing, developing and tuning for relational database, including experience in SQL coding and stored procedures.
- Experienced designing and developing applications in a cloud-based environment such as AWS and/or Azure.
- Experience in migrating, building, deploying, and managing systems includes monitoring, logging, alerts, and metrics.
- Experience with UNIX based programming tools and utilities, including vi, shell scripts, and crontab
- Experience with Windows based programming tools and utilities, such as Visual Studio
- Proven track record in analyzing and developing solution designs for web and cloud based processes and systems.
- Experienced with the principles and techniques of web program design, development, testing, and documentation.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and programming architectures and design patterns.
- Experienced with third-party integrations and customizations for seamless multi-system functionality, including identity management for authentication and authorization, message exchanges, and service-oriented messaging.
- Knowledge of systems security and data encryption.
- Experienced with code management software such as Git and Subversion
- Experienced with the principles of full life cycle systems design and development.
- Experienced working in both tradition and agile project management methodologies
- Experienced with translation of business, information, and technical requirements to provide solutions that meet business needs - documenting functional and technical specifications in the development cycle.
- Experienced with the principles and techniques of systems implementation including conversion, data reconciliation, user training, and documentation.
- Ability to identify and evaluate alternative technical solutions, costs and benefits.
- Experienced with developing system test plans and test script development.
- Experience with preparing data sets and developing reports to support complex analysis using tools like Power BI and Crystal Reports
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrable experienced at establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Excellent analytical capabilities and the ability to break down complex ideas into manageable pieces.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio.
Additional Skills/Qualifications Desired:
- Experience migrating or deploying and managing systems in government cloud environments
- Cloud native experience – specifically Azure App Services and Azure functions
- Experience in DevOps (Azure DevOps and/or GitHub Actions)
- Experience with software development management tools such as Jira
- Experienced with container and container management software such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with open source testing tools
- Experience with database development and data modeling tools (e.g. ERWin, Toad)
Description of Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, implement, and document application changes per requirements.
- Design, develop, implement, and document customization and integration with 3rd party software components.
- Design, develop, tune, document, and implement enhancements to the database, including updates to SQL, stored procedures, and the database schema.
- Design, develop, implement, and document reports, data extracts, and data loads.
- Document technical user requirements and specifications for use in the development cycle.
- Identify and evaluate alternative technical solutions, as needed; analyze the pros and cons of each solution including preparing high-level budgets for each solution and present those findings to stakeholders.
- Peer review code as required.
- Investigate and respond to application issues.
- Develop test plans, test cases and test scripts for both fail and pass scenarios.
- Track and communicate deliverables, issues, defects, and risks as per project plan.
- Communicate project activities, performance and status.
- Ensure the project is delivered in budget, on schedule, and in scope.
- Participate in team and planning meetings,
- Participate in chatbot and live chat user support, including user administration, issues, and questions.
- Monthly status report.