Position: IT Business Analyst
Location: Atlanta, GA 30329
Term: 6 months
- Analyzes complex business problems and processes and recommends efficiencies using automated solutions or process reengineering.
- Provides technical expertise to business units (Finance, Telecom, Infrastructure, etc.) in identifying, evaluating, and developing system(s) solutions that are cost-effective and meet business unit(s) requirements.
- Performs business analysis utilizing current best practices as recommended by the International Institute of Business Analysis Knowledge Areas. (i.e. Business Analysis Planning & Monitoring; Elicitation & Collaboration, Requirements Life Cycle Management; Strategy Analysis; Requirements Analysis and Design, Solution Evaluation & Recommendation).
- Performs research based on accepted research techniques incorporating information from (but not limited to) industry accepted professional organizations, relevant vendors, and acceptable market research firms such as Gartner, etc.
- Prepare for and present presentations to stakeholders, project teams, and relevant review committees as required.
- Writes, retains, and maintains system requirements and design documentation.
- Creates detailed project documents, workflows, test scripts, and diagrams to provide clearly defined project deliverables.
- Creates user documentation to increase users' understanding of the final product and/or process re-engineering.
- Edits content to ensure compliance with the organizations' style guidelines and branding consistency.
- Assists in organizing and maintaining the project’s SharePoint site and other document repositories.
- Communicates and documents updates for users.
- Assist assigned Project Managers with project planning and execution as necessary.
- Create, review, and propose solution architectural diagrams.
- Research, document, and present project-related business unit processes\workflows utilizing the appropriate tools and processes.
- Lead, work as a team, member and collaborate on cross-functional teams.
- Monitors identify, and reports information security risks to protect the enterprise’s IT assets (e.g., intellectual property, regulated data, etc.).
- Partners with the IT Security team in the prevention, analysis, and mitigation of IT security-related items.
- Identifies and reports on compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Tracks and fully documents all changes for functional and business specifications.
- May be required to work with Developers (vendors), QA Testers, Project Managers, and business unit representatives to articulate, develop, test, and validate functions for applications or network platforms\architectures.
- Work with business unit teams to develop high-level cost estimates and possible ROI estimates.
- Manage multiple competing priorities through effective communication and coordination.
- Works with Procurement, Project Managers, Legal, Business Unit Representatives to navigate the procurement process when required following organizational procurement procedures.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5 years’ experience and technical expertise to business units (Finance, Telecom, Infrastructure, etc.) in identifying, evaluating, and developing IT system(s).
- 5 years’ of experience creating detailed project documents, workflows, test scripts, and diagrams to provide clearly defined project deliverables.
- 5 years’ of experience analyzing of complex business problems and processes and recommending efficiencies using automated solutions or process reengineering.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.