Long term contract Opportunity!
Title: IT Applications Trainee
Location: Dallas, TX 75240-6225
Term: 6 Months Contract
· Oriented and trained in the company software development lifecycle.
· Work under close supervision performs the following duties: assist in the development/modification of simple software programs; assist in the development and submission of requirements to programmers; and participate in review sessions with IT colleagues.
· Develop an understanding of the company’s IT processes and procedures, including the software development life cycle.
· Develops skills and knowledge in required development language to perform assigned tasks.
· Under close supervision, assists in the performance of the following duties: Data and system analysis, including loading and balancing creation of derived fields and formatting, process flows and data diagrams.
· Requirement development process and unit testing of simple code units.
· Development and testing of software using Informatica, PL/SQL, Progress, Microsoft.net or other programming languages as specified.
· Investigation of issues and development of resolution in a timely manner with a technical leader.
· Follow per-established departmental standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development. Adhere to the goal of delivering and maintaining the highest quality of customer service to our clients.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Support the organization's quality program(s).
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Major in Information Systems or Computer Science preferred.
· Education in interpreting user requirements, business applications design and development of business applications strongly preferred.
· No experience required. Specific knowledge of Oracle databases, PL/SQL, C#/C++/C, Open Source, Korn Shell Script, Perl or Progress 4GL highly preferred.
· PC literate, including Microsoft Office products.
· Excellent interpersonal skills Ingenuity and creativity.
· Logical approach to problem solving.
· Analytical capabilities.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Attention to detail.
· Tenacity and patience.
· Understanding of business processes and constraints.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Ability to meet or exceed performance competencies.
· Work Environment: When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
· Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines.
· Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required.
· Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!