Our client is seeking a System Administrator in Dallas, TX who will provide moderate to complex system, application, and database support as assigned and conducts technical assignments and projects for the Information Technology Department under general supervision.Position: IT Applications Administrator
Location: Dallas, TX 75201
Term: 6 Months
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (Functions considered essential as defined by ADA):
* Supports various departmental and site specific applications; including database level support
* Monitors applications daily for optimization (slowness), batches jobs, runs monthly reports, performs weekly backups and break/fixes
* Assists in maintaining and converting legacy applications to our applications and extracts data from legacy databases
* Maintains various assigned applications and provides onsite support for assigned servers, including server patching and break/fix activities
* Activities of the team may include installing, configuring, administering, and maintaining a large system or several smaller systems.
* Liaison to middleware team who supports integration points between applications
* Liaison to other infrastructure and cyber-security teams to ensure application compliance, especially for SOX specific systems
* Maintains application run book; looks after certificates; responsible for impacts to applications during SAP support packs & DC migration
* Implement and support datacenter infrastructure, including but not limited to Microsoft Windows and Linux servers (minor), data protection and application servers.
* Installs, supports and administers software and/or custom applications as required, resolving issues at all levels and updating patches.
* Develops and maintains clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation for the application and supporting infrastructure environment, including detailed design documents, and builds procedures, training and technical support guidelines.
* Monitors system health, performance tunes, and troubleshoots virtualization and other software environments and evaluates all in-place systems and applications.
* Consults with business and end users to provide support and resolve application and connectivity issues.
Special assignments or tasks assigned by their manager, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of ten years of IT experience is preferred.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
A minimum of a Bachelors Degree required.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
A minimum of a four year degree is preferred with a focus on computer science, MIS or technical program.
* Advanced administration, implementation, project management and support experience required in: MS Active Directory, MS Windows platform and MS Office Suite, virtualization software (VMWAre ESXi) and Servers.
* Advanced knowledge of file/print servers, security and permissions using active directory, and Microsoft Powershell 3. 0+. Strong working knowledge of MS Visio for documentation.
* Ability to document and evaluate current environment and use best practice methodologies to ensure highest level investment utilization.
* Demonstrated experience and broad knowledge of the principles, techniques and methodology of project management, quality management, and change management.
* Experience organizing, planning, and executing projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors; ability to analyze projects and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
* Advanced reading and writing skills, and ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication, ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations, and excellent interpersonal skills.
* Preferred certifications: VMWare VCP, Citrix XenApp/Desktop (CCEE, CCA, CCIA, CCAA), Microsoft MCSE, Industry (A+, Network+).
* Experience with Privileged Access management and multi-factor authentication.
* Additional support experience using PowerShell and vbscript, TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP, SMTP, DNS and anti-virus is preferred.
* Knowledge of MS Exchange 2013/2016 is preferred.
* Experience with terminal or transportation management systems is a plus, i.e. TopTech or Guardian.
* Experience with yield accounting solutions is a plus, i.e. SigmaFine or Maron OAS.
* Experience with merger and acquisition infrastructure activities.
Office based with travel up to 25% by land and air required. Subject to all weather and varying road conditions.