JOB TITLE: IP Networking Resident Engineer – Rochester
The IP Networking Resident Engineer (RE) provides consultative support to external customers and works in conjunction with internal product support/R&D/systems engineering teams to scope and deliver professional service projects. The RE is the onsite technical prime located at the customer premises who works closely with customers to test, design, and plan network deployments and live migrations of customer traffic on Nokia IP/MPLS router equipment. The RE role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities including service design, product configuration, network migration services, and validation/support of automated service creations and report generation tools. The RE produces and reviews design documentation, training documentation, and various customer facing documents.
- Be supplier's representative working at customer premises in Rochester, NY as a resident engineer.
- Lead discussions and development of IP network and service designs.
- Produce network deployment and migration plans.
- Configure equipment and services in accordance with network designs.
- Test and support networks in various stages of development.
- Produce and review design, training, and other work documentation.
- Deliver training.
- Evaluate customer networks for performance, scalability, manageability and security.
- Provide recommendations to optimize the network operations and performance.
- 6+ years relevant hands-on work experience in delivering professional services, including network strategy, design and engineering, implementation, testing, customer training and on-site support.
- Engineering expertise in multi-vendor integration.
- Experience in implementing/testing/troubleshooting IP routing protocols (IS-IS, OSPF, BGP), signaling protocols (LDP, RSVP), QoS, IP VPN, VLAN, VLL/VPLS, DPI, etc.
- Specific knowledge of Nokia platforms 7750 SR, 7450 ESS, 7705 SAR, 7210 SAS, 5620 SAM.
- Knowledge of Utilities environment (SCADA, RS32, Teleprotection) is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Advanced IP/MPLS training/certification (ALU SRA, Cisco CCIE, Juniper JUNOS)