JOB TITLE: IP Networking Resident Engineer – Remote
The candidate in this role will be required to work directly with end customers and in a consultative manner with product support teams, regional customer support teams, the R&D organization and systems engineering teams to deliver projects which may include the following responsibilities: Be Nokia representative working at customer premises as a resident engineer. Lead design discussions with the customer on Nokia's behalf and consult with other team architects for design validations. Engage in the day-to-day activities of the customer as related to Nokia products and services. Produce and deliver product configuration based on pre-defined network designs. Produce detailed Network Migration Services to support our customer's requirements. Act as onsite technical prime for IPD products Act as onsite technical prime for validating/supporting automated service creations and report generation tools. Produce and review design documentation, training documentation, and various customer-facing documents. Work closely with customers to test, design, and plan for network deployments and live migrations of customer traffic on IPD equipment. Design Service for/upgrade/configure Nokia's IP/MPLS products (e.g. 7x50 SR/ESS, 7705 SAS, 7210). Develop and maintain strong relationships with customer's technical management teams. Develop and maintain in-depth technical and marketing knowledge of key ALU IPD product lines. The work is mainly on-site with customers. The successful candidate will have strong technical, interpersonal and communication skills as well as being energetic, results oriented and a self starter.
- Be supplier's representative working remotely as a network engineer.
- Lead discussions and development of IP network and service designs.
- Produce network deployment and migration plans.
- Configure equipment and services in accordance with network designs.
- Test and support networks in various stages of development.
- Produce and review design, training, and other work documentation.
- Deliver training.
- Evaluate customer networks for performance, scalability, manageability and security.
- Provide recommendations to optimize the network operations and performance.
- 6+ years relevant hands-on work experience in delivering professional services, including network strategy, design and engineering, implementation, testing, customer training and on-site support.
- Engineering expertise in multi-vendor integration.
- Experience in implementing/testing/troubleshooting IP routing protocols (IS-IS, OSPF, BGP), signaling protocols (LDP, RSVP), QoS, IP VPN, VLAN, VLL/VPLS, DPI, etc.
- Specific knowledge of Nokia platforms 7750 SR, 7450 ESS, 7705 SAR, 7210 SAS, 5620 SAM.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Advanced IP/MPLS training/certification (ALU SRA, Cisco CCIE, Juniper JUNOS)