Duration: Direct hire
Location: 100% remote
Key Skills: iOS, Mobile Development, Requirements Gathering, Android, Swift
What types of projects do we work on?
- We developed 5-star iOS and Android applications used and loved by millions of users.
- We released a hands-free, adaptive voice Vocabulary feature, helping users accelerate their Spanish learning while doing other activities.
- Our client offers exclusive content and features for our most dedicated learners, and dramatically increasing app revenue.
- We integrated pronunciation videos which allow our users to see and hear native speaker pronunciations of our most popular dictionary entries.
What will you be doing?
- Working with the apps team to build new features for our native iOS application.
- Learning Android development, and contributing to our native Android application.
- Helping build and maintain our continuous integration pipelines, deploying our iOS and Android apps to production, and monitoring error rates for our releases.
- Keeping up to date with iOS and Android best practices and operating system updates.
- Improving the performance, reliability, and maintainability of both platforms.
What are we looking for in an engineer?
- Thoughtful problem-solving: You can decompose complex problems and work towards a clean and practical solution, by yourself or with teammates. You know what resources to use when you have questions, and you know when to ask for help when you get stuck.
- Ability to ship quality apps at scale: You can work with a team to build and maintain quality iOS apps with a large user base. You are proficient in Swift and have experience with UI, networking, and threading. Bonus point for having Android experience.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about the business impact of what you're building, and you prioritize projects accordingly. You are not just going after new shiny technology —you understand the balance between perfection, speed, and the bottom line.
- Put users first: You think critically about the implications of what you're building, and how it shapes our Spanish and English learners.
- Empathetic communication: You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you are explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
- Team player: You understand when work is better, together. You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals, and you care about learning, growing, and helping others to do the same.