Job Title: iOS Application Developer
Contract: 9-12 months
The iOS Application Developer will work primarily in the iOS application development environment in a Tier 1 carrier Big Data team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience writing professional grade iOS apps with a strong background in performance improvement.
- Work with a geographically distributed Scrum team in the design, development, and successful release of iOS/iPadOS/tvOS applications and SDKs
- Troubleshoot and root cause bugs reported by QA and Product Qualification teams, implement code fixes, and proactively recommend performance enhancements
- Collaborate with members of the team in code reviews, design sessions, post-mortem analysis, etc.
- Partner with developers, Scrum Masters and Product Owners to groom work backlogs, refine requirements, and implement new features and product improvements
- Assist test engineers to identify and implement best practices and processes that can thoroughly qualify and exercise the functionality of the iOS/iPadOS/tvOS products developed by the team
Required Job Skills
- 6+ years of hands-on experience developing production-grade and large-scale apps and SDKs for iOS/iPadOS/tvOS. Similar years of experience writing unit and instrumentation tests.
- 3+ years of experience with Swift 4.0+, Apple development tools (XCode, etc.), version control systems (GIT preferred), and online code review tools (Gerrit or GitLab preferred)
- 2+ years of experience writing software in C++ and/or contributing to iOS/iPadOS/tvOS projects that use native libraries written in C++
- Proven experience successfully architecting and launching mobile apps to the market, working with projects that combine Swift & Objective-C, as well as designing and developing SDKs for iOS/iPadOS/tvOS.
Preferred Job Skills
- Experience using AWS Device Farm, BrowserStack or similar testing service
- Experience using Jenkins
- Experience using JIRA
- Experience automating build tasks with Python or similar scripting language