Forbes ranks our client as one of the country's Best Employers, Most Reputable Companies, and Best Employers for New Grads, Women, and Diversity. How would you like to join a team like this?
Here's your opportunity! We're seeking an Internal Auditor to join us on a contract-to-hire basis. In this role, you will be part of a group who are positive, curious, enthusiastic about their role, and have a willingness to talk with people & build relationships.
Essential Job functions
- You will perform walkthroughs and testing to validate the Company’s compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404; document work performed, communicate exceptions, and follow-up with control owners on deficiencies. This will be about 45% of your job.
- You'll also perform audits and special reviews of Company functions, processes, and other activities to ensure reliability and integrity of information, proper recording of transactions, safeguarding of assets, and compliance with policies and procedures. Internal Audit programs/projects will be defined in the annual Internal Audit plan and will include activities in the following areas: financial, operational, compliance, and/or information technology (IT). Additionally you may remotely perform compliance audits of Retail Stores evaluating compliance with processes, policies, and controls. All combined this will be about 45% of your job.
- In general, you'll also continuously improve internal audit approaches, tools and methodologies, and productivity along with providing ad-hoc analyses as requested. This will be about 10% of your job.
- To be effective in this role, you need to be able to interface with various levels of management; maintain and develop relationships with external auditors
- Excellent understanding of auditing, GAAP, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Section 404, risk and controls
- Baseline understanding of data analysis and information technology techniques
- Baseline understanding of fraud prevention/detection/awareness/auditing techniques
- Excellent analytical, written communication, interpersonal, listening, interviewing, organizational, consulting, and presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead teams
- Knowledge of information technology tools used in the audit process including Tableau, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Riskonnect, Visio, etc.
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Strong relationship skills
- BA/BS required, Finance/Accounting preferred
- CPA, CIA, CISA, or CFE preferred, with a willingness to pursue professional designation if not currently held
- 1+ years relevant experience required
- Big 4 or similar experience in a public entity preferred