Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Come work for the nations premier health innovation company to join our mission of helping people on their path to better health. Be part of our innovative team that is unlocking the power of data to transform the healthcare experience.
Position: Customer Service Agent
Location: San Antonio, TX, 78238
Term: 5 months (11/30/2020 to 04/30/2021)
- The Intake Agent - Prior Authorization is responsible for the efficient, accurate and timely prioritization and management of work.
- Provides support to the Prior Authorization Department in meeting client expectations regarding efficiency, service levels, privacy maintenance and quality of decision-making.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with client specific requirements.
- Works as part of the team to meet business unit objectives.
- This position is also responsible for receiving calls from physician offices and providing professional and courteous assistance to all callers through the criteria-based process.
- The Intake Agent will follow criteria question set prompts to facilitate system-generated approvals.
- Further responsibilities include maintaining complete, timely, and accurate documentation of all requests, communicating to the physician’s office, pharmacies, intake etc. as needed, and transfers all clinical questions and judgement calls to the Pharmacy Technician or Clinical Pharmacist as needed.
- The Intake Agent will also assist with other duties such as outbound calls, monitoring/responding to inquiries in mailboxes and other duties as assigned by the leadership team.
- The Intake Agent will support requirements of the PA team by working as part of a weekend coverage team on a rotating basis where needed.
- 2 years experience.
- Strong Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills w/ ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to navigate in a Windows based environment
- Ability to follow directions, and adapt in dynamic work environment; ability to adapt to change and remain flexible
- Ability to work in a high pressure, time sensitive environment
- Project a professional business image, through phone interaction as well as internal communications
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and attention to detail
- Demonstrated sense of urgency with assignments
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong telephone skills
- Ability to read and understand pharmacy/medical terminology
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business correspondence, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to identify and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to perform basic mathematic calculations maybe required
- Ability to interpret a variety of work instructions provided through a variety of mediums
- Ability to anticipate needs and resolve issues with urgency
- Ability to consistently meet quality and production standards
- Displays confidence in the ability to learn complex material
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity through inquiries to ensure deep understanding of the business and deliver accurate results
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent work experience preferred.
If this looks like a perfect fit, apply today!