Position: Infrastructure Engineer
Term: 3 Months
Individuals in the Virtual Infrastructure Engineering role are responsible for executing the strategy set by architecture. They are responsible for designing, building, testing, implementing, maintaining and optimizing the VMware technologies in accordance with security policies and guidelines. Individuals in this role design and build the systems operating environment to meet business requirements. Members in this role need good communication skills and must be able to work collaboratively with system users and other technical colleagues. Individuals coordinate and work on multiple cross-functional initiatives/work groups and projects as a team leader or advisor. They will develop and build highly complex systems that may have system-wide impact, integrate across the organization, and involves multiple technical environments and disciplines and complex infrastructure solutions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Design and Implement of Zerto for disaster recovery plans
* Deployment of HCX Enterprise Bulk Migration technologies.
* Troubleshooting of VMware technologies.
* Work with architecture teams on virtual firewall standards and methodology.
* Participate in workshops with other technical teams to provide guidance on the use of overlay network with DR.
* Participates in short- and long-term planning efforts with stakeholders and IT groups.
* Identifies and communicates how IT infrastructure solutions can support the achievement of short- and long-range business goals.
* Works with analysts, architecture, and stakeholders to understand business needs.
* Leads the evaluation of technical requirements for projects to determine the impact to the infrastructure including equipment redundancy and capacity requirements.
* Ensures completeness of technical requirements and functional architecture analysis for the design and implementation of system business solutions.
* Determines systems specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
* Explains to non-SMEs how the proposed solution will support their requirements.
* Ensures infrastructure solutions are aligned to the business strategy and direction.
* Directs efforts to demonstrate that information systems are compliant with appropriate corporate policies, industry standards, government regulations, and contractual requirements.
* Leads or provides technical direction for the planning, designing, and execution of testing efforts.
* Creates a plan to evolve the system to reduce cost and improve system dynamics.
* Performs or coordinates Level 3/4 incident assessment and resolution on infrastructure solutions.
* Coordinates problem management and resolution among a variety of functional areas and provides subject matter expertise support for diagnosing and resolving problem.
* Provides guidance to other team members.
* Recommends procedures and controls for problem resolution or creates temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented.
* Works with auditors and security groups to ensure adherence to governance, regulations, and compliance with policies and procedures.
* Evaluates future technologies and makes recommendations.
* Reviews vendor proposals for new infrastructure solutions.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's degree or technical institute degree/certificate in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
* Typically requires 8 or more years of relevant IT work experience.
* Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of a broad range of hardware and software products.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
* vCenter, ESXi, VDS, Replicator
* Experience with general IT concepts beyond their primary discipline
* Good analytical and problem solving skills
* Good interpersonal skills; effective team player
* Good analytical skills with attention to detail
* Exceptional presentation skills