Terrific Permanent Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Fremont, California; Charlotte, NC
- This position is for third-level production support of client web sites and e-commerce applications. This includes both Linux and Windows operating systems with Tomcat and WebLogic application servers as well as Apache and IIS web servers.
- This position is a mid-level third-support line Linux engineer that must have experience in both Linux administration AND application support (middleware application layer) for high-availability websites including application load balancing with BigIP F5
- This Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for deploying code, implementing new infrastructure and new technologies, developing alerting and alarming solutions, and 24x7 production environment monitoring and support to ensure optimum performance, availability, and security of the front-end and middleware environment. Advanced system administration tools will be utilized.
- Advanced application support for the resolution of highly complex technical problems
- Directing large-scale projects and application implementations from proof of concept through testing and installation.
- Statistics gathering and analysis to assist architecture engineering and development teams in determining capacity planning requirements to support projected transaction volumes, response times, and system availability targets
- Collaborating with enterprise partners on issues and initiatives that impact the infrastructure
- Provide training and direction to less experienced web support engineers and staff
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Prior experience supporting middleware / application layer for high-availability, high-demand web sites is required, as well as prior experience working with BIG-IP F5 for load balancing / traffic management / clustering.
- 5+ years of systems analysis experience, systems programming experience or combination of both
- 5+ years of Linux experience
- 5+ years of UNIX experience
- Ability to work on call as assigned
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment
- Knowledge of design methodology, Infrastructure operations support or engineering
- 2+ years of experience with Agile, Kanban, or Lean methodology
- 3+ years of web applications experience
- 5+ years of Weblogic experience
- 5+ years of Apache experience
- Knowledge and understanding of AppDynamics
- 2+ years of Splunk experience
- 5+ years of Solaris experience
- 2+ years of Web Services experience
- 3+ years of technical documentation and publication experience
- 2+ years of Perl or Shell experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience in a production environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex material to a diverse audience
- Experience troubleshooting environments across the entire architecture (i.e. applications to infrastructure)
- 5+ years of Tomcat implementation experience
- Experience with Apache Storm
- Experience with Apache Zookeeper
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Knowledge/exposure with Mongo DB and/or Apache Cassandra
- Knowledge/exposure to Redis (cache and message broker)
- Exposure to Windows Servers
- Experience with Ansible/automation
- Web application installations, upgrades, and deployment experience
- Experience with servers or systems that support/host web applications
- Advanced scripting skills specifically around automation, log rotation, data collection, error collection and alerting