Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Come work for an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services on an overall mission to heal, discover and educate for longer, healthier lives.
Position: Senior End User Technologies Architect
Term: 3 months contract
The Senior End User Technologies Architect is a key role in the Enterprise Architecture (EA) practice. As a member of the EA team, this role contributes to the development of an architected IT function for digital competency, with a focus on digital workspace solutions that enable our on-site, mobile, and remote workforce. This role contributes to and applies EA practices to precisely create architecture designs and roadmaps.
The EUT Architect will provide architectural guidance, technological vision, and solution development. Specifically, this position will develop target architecture and plans for the digital workspace solutions consisting of end user compute, physical/virtual application delivery and access, cohesive use of collaboration and communication tools with full technical responsibility for all aspects of systems specification and design, ensuring compatibility with enterprise and other infrastructure solution architectures.
The EUT Architect collaborates with other architects in the EA practice to develop a single, cohesive architecture and management plan for the IT enterprise, develops living architecture and repository for reference and use across the company, and contributes to mature the EA practice.
- Desktop and mobile devices (Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android and iPhone)
- Virtual desktop solutions (e.g. AWS Workspaces, Azure Windows Virtual Desktop, Citrix cloud solutions)
- Messaging and Collaboration technologies in O365 (exchange, teams, SharePoint, one drive)
- End-point management solutions (SCCM and Modern Management)
- Microsoft Active Directory and Azure AD solutions
- Architect solutions in support of messaging and collaboration, primarily based on Microsoft O365 solution stack. (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, Drive). Assist with integration of video products in collaboration solutions.
- Design a practice for software packaging and distribution of EUT tools in enterprise environments.
- In partnership with Cybersecurity, architect and integrate security products, within the portfolio of end user compute solutions: Antivirus, Antimalware, HIDS, VPN Services, Volume Encryption, Secure Configuration, Monitoring and Vulnerability Management, IAM, Data Recovery, etc.
- Establish, maintain, and apply architecture standards, disciplines and principles in all areas of engagements. Translate business requirements into technical specifications and conceptual designs.
- Understand business drivers and stakeholder requirements and is capable of tracing requirements to technology capabilities, ensuring business outcomes.
- Establish key vendor relationships with executive leadership. Assess emerging technologies and provide key input on technology investments regarding price vs. performance vs. capabilities.
- Participate in architectural reviews and/or audits; define and maintain documentation of technology standards, process, and policies related to core domain areas. Develops and reviews solutions to ensure systems and associated processes align with IT Strategies and Roadmaps. Review technology solutions for adherence to architecture, regulatory, compliance and operational requirements.
- Develop current and future state domain architecture road maps in partnership with the business and IT teams.
- Participate in (RFI’s and RFP’s) in support of large technology shifts within domain. Execute analysis of RFP’s with transparency and clearly articulate Pros, Cons and Benefits between solutions
- Responsible for software compatibility matrix in the end user compute, application presentation, and collaboration spaces.
- Defines Operation Level Agreements and Service Chains, Service Level Agreements associated to service catalog and business requirements.
- Ability to effectively contribute to financial models (Total Cost of Ownership, Return On Investment, etc…) for projects within the End User Technology domain.
- Design and drive end user compute, application presentation and collaboration architecture from concept through development and delivery
- Understand and diligently apply EA methodology to contribute to the development of a single, cohesive architecture for the M Health Fairview.
- Author and maintain architecture artifacts and development plans while feeding and expanding online living architecture repository to enable reference and use
- Effectively contribute to improvement efforts within EA to mature the practice, develop architecture expertise and promulgate EA thinking and adoption across IT
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 6-8 years of progressive IT experience
- 5+ years relevant technology architecture experience that includes successful commercial product integration experience.
- 5+ years of architecture experience
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex technical subject matter and communicate the business and operations impact of choices to business and IT leaders.
- Effective communication skills to interact with all levels of technology and business partners. Excellent facilitation skills
- Experience in leading projects and working in a fast paced / agile project environment.
- Expert technical understanding of Windows, MacOS and Linux operating systems, management of desktop/laptop hardware., as well as end user compute service offerings in public clouds. Automation, orchestration, and scripting expertise in these environments, as it pertains to automated deployments, event triggers and workflows.
- Knowledge of software platforms and products used in business environments, and awareness of their configurations.
- Experience with firewalls, proxies, Wi-Fi/Bluetooth connectivity, wireless networks, software distribution, asset management and network infrastructures.
- Experience working with or managing messaging systems, specifically Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes/Domino.
- Experience with PC/laptop Platforms, MDM, MAM, and UEM solutions.
- Experience in System Administration and security via software and hardware .
- Experience implementing collaboration software with a working knowledge of MS Teams, MS Exchange, including Office 365, SharePoint, SQL, and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of wireless carrier networks, as well as Smartphones, Tablets, iPhone, Android and Windows Phone Operating platforms.
- Experience in installing, diagnosing, and troubleshooting server and client-related problems, such as performance problems, permissions issues, and lockups.
- Experience implementing VDI solutions and SaaS for enterprise applications.
- Experience with Citrix Workspace, Application Delivery, and Security solutions.
- Certifications in Microsoft solutions, Citrix solutions, VMWare solutions, Cisco solutions
- Advanced degree in computer science, information technology or related
- 10+ years’ experience in architect positions
- 3+ years of hands on experience working with digital workspace solutions.
- Experience with Teams, DevOps, Rally, JIRA, Confluence and other productivity tools
- In-depth knowledge of and proven cloud experience with multi-cloud solutions and hybrid business intelligence stacks
- Experience with healthcare data terminologies, high-performance computing
- Experience with Unified Communications and UC&C platforms.
- At least any one of common architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Zachmann, DODAF, FEAF)
- Advanced certification in Microsoft solutions , Citrix solutions, Cisco solutions, VMWare solutions