Type: Full Time
Summary of Duties
As the Information Technology Specialist, you will be the linchpin in a technology forward commercial real estate portfolio. You will be responsible for the administration of network and server infrastructure, planning of technology projects, maintenance of all hardware systems, implementing technology security and the execution of all technology-related tasks and initiatives. The successful candidate will also be the liaison with telecommunications providers, and will support our company’s telecommunications infrastructure.
- Integrate information technologies into the company for optimal effectiveness
- Understand current and future business goals and ongoing IT issues to ensure business success
- Ensure that employees are following computer use policies, information security and privacy.
- Display leadership skills with staff. Train users on best practices. Prepare users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Establish network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements.
- Evaluating network performance issues, define network policies and procedures; establish connections and firewalls.
- Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis. Troubleshoot network problems. Escalate problems to vendor.
- Upgrade hardware by developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Install hardware and software systems at new locations.
- Ensure all workstations have appropriate upgrades.
- Meet financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplish company goals by spearheading projects; explore opportunities to update and improve technology ecosystem.
- Vendor Relationships and problem-solving vendor hardware or software
- Responsible for all company IT Ticket requests from users. Solving the issue in house or working with vendors to resolve.
- Systems include but not limited to
- Mac Operating Systems
- Cloud (IP Phone Networks)
- Office 365 + Yardi
- Google Apps/G Suite
- VPN and Security Systems
- Professional and efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, sense of ethics and confidentiality
- Open to new ideas, concepts, and disruption within the industry
- Kind and patient with users with limited technological literacy
- Able to troubleshoot under pressure
- Ability to educate and motivate employees and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Educational Qualifications/ Experience
- Bachelors in Information Technology preferred; or minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Experience in implementing and managing IT projects with proven track record of success.