- Function: Information Security
- Job Ref: 220336
• Establishes, documents, implements, and monitors the Information System (IS) Security Program and related procedures for the facility.
• Ensures Information System (IS) compliance in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF), National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and the DSS Assessment and Authorization Process manual (DAAPM).
• Ensure that other supported policies and procedures may be required for the certification and accreditation process which may be mandated by the Customer or other U.S. Government agency.
• Ensures the development, documentation and presentation of IS security education, awareness and training activities for IS personnel, users, and others, as appropriate.
• Conduct self-inspections to ensure that the IS function is operating as accredited and that accreditation conditions have not changed.
• Ensures the development of facility procedures to govern marking, handling, controlling, removing, transporting, sanitizing, reusing, and destroying media and equipment containing classified information.
• Reports IS security incidents to the Facility Security Officer; assuring proper protection or corrective measures have been taken when an incident/vulnerability has been discovered.
• Implements security features for the detection of malicious code, viruses, and intruders (hackers), as appropriate or needed.
• Inform the Customer, U.S Government Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA), and FSO of security relevant changes to accredited information systems as required.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining an IS security audit and accountability program.
• If applicable, responsible for the oversight and continued training and education of Information System Security Officer(s) (ISSO).
• Ability to translate understanding of the organization's goals and objectives into compliance requirements.
• Provides quarterly updates and presentations regarding program status.
• Solid understanding of project management principles.
• Other assigned duties, as assigned by the CISO, related to security investigations.
• Bachelor's Degree
• ESD and Safety Training, as dictated by Safety Department
• Expert knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF), National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and the DSS Assessment and Authorization Process manual (DAAPM).
• Expert knowledge of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-53 controls, based on NIST SP 800-53r4, as they are mapped to the corresponding NISPOM and RMF references.
• Working knowledge of SCAP and STIG Viewer.
• Experience/Knowledge of the Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
• Highly proficient with productivity software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving experience.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Excellent, written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly (non-technical) language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
Certifications/Licenses: (DoD 8570.01-M IAM Level I/II certification)
Preferred certifications that meet the basic requirement for Information Assurance Manager (IAM) Level II, per DoD 8570.01-M, January 24, 2012:
• ISC2 Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
• ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP (or Associate))
• ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
• CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
• GIAC Security Leadership (GSLC)
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.