Long term contract Opportunity!
Join the team at this Fortune 500 communications provider that's been around for nearly a century and be part of a mission to improve people's lives by connecting them to the power of the digital world.
Position: Information Security Engineer
Term: 6 Months Contract
- Administration of IBM QRadar SIEM.
- Experience developing custom content in IBM QRadar.
- Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
- Performs analysis, design, and development of custom correlation rules, reports, and dashboards.
- Analyzes performance and overall health of SIEM platform.
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements (relating to SIEM solutions and event collection).
- Analyzes general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
- Technology escalation point for QRadar SIEM and underlying event collection components.
- Working IBM QRadar SIEM
- Develop custom correlation, reports, and dashboards.
- Implement and test custom parsers in QRadar SIEM
- Configure and tune SIEM platform to ensure optimal performance.
- Provide expertise in event collection and parsing related to SIEM platform.
- Asses existing SIEM platform and identify key system flaws and areas of improvement
- Perform annual assessment of SIEM configuration and custom content
- Develop detailed supporting documentation regarding technical projects (such as materials to support an architecture review board)
- Manage customer expectation and attend all mandatory review / regulatory discussions related to the specific project being delivered
- Help establish baseline and plan for improvement of a large enterprise deployment of QRadar SIEM and event collection platform.
- 10+ years of IT Security experience with Bachelor’s Degree or 8+ year of IT Security experience with Master’s Degree.
- Expert in QRadar SIEM platform
- Experience writing custom parsers
- Familiarity with AWS
- Exposure to at least one industry standard data parsing language.
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Security certification desired.
- Advanced experience in networking (TCP/IP) protocols, computer/network security, and system administration.
- Advanced knowledge of event collection technologies.
- Background in INFOSEC operations, endpoint management, and network topology.
- Windows and Linux skills desired.
- Linux scripting skills desired.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!