Job Title: Information Security Analyst
Our client is looking for an Information Security Analyst to join their Chicago team. This is a fast paced, energetic and rapidly growing organization that offers a great opportunity for someone interested in further developing their career.
The Information Security Analyst will report directly to the Director of Information Security. This role will be responsible for monitoring our computer networks for security issues, installing security software, and documenting any security issues or breaches you find. This may involve testing, log analysis, interacting with vendors and partners, automation and scripting, or systems administration tasks.
This role will also help develop organization wide best practices for IT security and be involved in selection of new tools and products, analysis of our current security posture, and implementation and documentation of new tools, processes and procedures.
- Monitor their organization’s networks for security breaches and investigate a violation when one occurs
- Install and use software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect sensitive information
- Prepare reports that document security breaches and the extent of the damage caused by the breaches
- Implement security measures and operate software as required
- Monitor ticketing queue and respond to or escalate tickets as needed
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Coordinate with IT to provide objective advice about or implementation assistance for IT security requirements
- Design, analyze and implement efficient IT security systems
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
- BA in Information Systems, preferred
- Proficient with Mac, Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities
- Understand patch and vulnerability management
- Knowledge of firewalls, anti-malware and IDPS concepts
- Experienced in installing security software and documenting security issues