Grow your career as a Linux Security Engineer in Irving, TX with an innovative global bank. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be responsible to design and engineer solutions that better align to Security Operations Center, Fusion Center, Intelligence Center, etc. Will engage with internal customers, understand requirements and deliver based on customer requirements. This is a technical role that requires knowledge on network protocols, Operating Systems (Windows and Linux) and scripting. Must understand the high-level principles around software development lifecycle and must be able to capture and articulate requirements and progress clearly. There is documentation involved in this process, which will be also the responsibility of the Engineer to deliver. This is very technical position that requires deep knowledge of security/network tools, scripting as well as being able to manage key deliverables and with tight timelines.
• Certify, engineer, design following internal company standards.
• Troubleshoot the infrastructure, develop and support monitoring tools, Vulnerability and Threat Management lifecycle, engage with business to understand use cases, develop and deploy dashboards and product integration.
• 5+ years of experience in Information Security.
• Must have strong understanding of network protocols.
• Strong understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems.
• Strong Linux skills to be able to troubleshoot and support internal applications.
• Must have Bash Scripting or Python experience.
• SNMP experience.
• Able to write and troubleshoot complex Regular Expressions (Regex).
• Understanding of Network management solutions and Network monitoring tools (i.e., SMARTs, Infovista, etc.)
• General knowledge on SIEM solutions/applications (ArcSight, Splunk, etc.).
• Experience with configuration management/assurance solutions (i.e., HPNA)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Visio, Word and Excel.
• Prefer certifications: Splunk Power User, Linux (RHEL), and/or CISSP certification.
Our client stands as one of the worlds most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.