Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Come work for an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services on an overall mission to heal, discover and educate for longer, healthier lives.
Position: Incident Mgmt. Business Analyst
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Term: 3 months
Please note: shifts could go as late as 7PM
The Incident Management (Business Analyst) role is the liaison point between IT organizations, strategic resourcing partners and the business for real-time IT escalations and trending IT issues that are impacting the Fairview system. This role is part of a larger team that supports the function of incident management.
This position is focused on problem solving, customer experience and system stability as part of a larger IT support function (Service Delivery). The Incident Mgmt. analyst is accountable for ensuring IT escalations get prioritized and resolved. They also support the day to day operational partnership between IT teams and our service desk strategic resource partner. This includes level-1 queue and service level monitoring, coaching and training, change / release communications, reporting and analytics. The role also provides procedural support, ticket reassignment, training and process document creation and updates.
- IT Escalations- Point of contact for escalations from user, Strategic Partner or IT leadership. Determine status of ticket and issue / request, as well as ownership. Escalate (as appropriate) to the technician or assigned team leadership. Communicate status and ETA to user or ensure the ticket owner does. Ensure ticket is documented appropriately by IM and the ticket owner. Monitor progress through completion (once escalated, stays escalated – until conclusion)
- Mis-assigned tickets- Receive request for reassignment on mis-assigned tickets, or requests via phone / IM, or provide guidance to where a ticket should be assigned. Advise requester and / or execute reassignment.
- Customer complaints user experience- Receive customer complaint (customer service or call / ticket handling complaint), investigate and follow up on customer complaints. Perform ticket and call review as part of investigation and report out of situation. Follow up with escalator and possibly the customer. Future will include a quality review flag in the ticket.
- Trending issues and patterns- Point of contact and accountability when a report of a trend or pattern in incoming tickets is identified. Investigate as appropriate, including similar or related tickets and determine next steps. Notify appropriate team, establish whether a parent ticket or possible high priority incident is needed. Monitor situation through to completion.
- Change / Release notification for strategic partners- Proactive communications of high-impact changes and releases that may drive calls to Level-1, both planned and real-time. Inform strategic partners of change and potential impact, advise on any unique call handling requirements. This requires the monitoring of CAB and the change boards and determination of potential impact and call drivers / surge volume prep.
- Knowledge updates and management- Review, update and ensure accurate of knowledge used at Level-1. Respond and own questions or queries about a knowledge article's accuracy or correctness. In the future utilize a ""knowledge review flag"" to be notified and manage knowledge ID questions.
- Training curriculum and process documentation- Review and validate the training curriculum the strategic partner uses to provide new-hire training, intermediate and advanced level-1 training on all platforms and intake channels. Also provide input and direction related to the effectiveness of vendor training plan. Validate all training documentation, process and workflows and related materials.
- Quality Assurance- Ensure the strategic partner’s service quality is high through ticket and call evaluations, and ultimately a quality scoring process.
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge in all operational processes and data relating to the assigned business or project. Utilize best practices from ITIL or service operations. Maintain strong relationships with business, IT and strategic vendor partners. Work effectively in a team environment to ensure that shifts are covered, and operational services are monitored.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in business and functional requirements including ITIL process management, data, reporting and documentation.
- Strong analysis skills including ability to identify patterns, potential issues and then translate those into actions.
- Expert level understanding of business functions and IT areas, as well as level-1 support operations.
- Exceptional customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience supporting the Healthcare Industry
- Experience supporting IT systems and users.
- Experience creating or delivering process documentation, training curriculum and coaching
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical/healthcare field
- ITIL Certification