Leading Global Innovator Seeks Contractor for the Following:
Position: Hybrid Cloud Administrator
Location: North Barrington Illinois 60010
Term: 9 Months
- Operate, maintain, improve and monitor, VMWare Farms, storage, servers (virtual and physical), and show willingness of continual self-improvement in your areas of responsibility.
- Day to day MSSQL, Oracle, MongoDB administration.
- Manage Azure monitor & Log analytics to monitor cloud & on-prem compute & storage uptime, availability, capacity & other performance metrics.
- Manage update management activities for hypervisor, storage & compute.
- Manage hardware refresh, break fix, installation & maintenance.
- Manage backup technologies - Commvault backup \ VMware snapshot technologies \ VSAN
- Manage in NetApp storage\ Tegile storage\ Cloud storage
- Manage Hyper-V cluster, SQL cluster, windows clusters.
- Provide L1 support for US time zone and be available for on call during nights & weekends as part of global shift roster.
- Provide L2 operations in US time zone for day-to-day incident management & request fulfillment.
- Proceeds with assigned day-to-day IT operations activities remotely.
- Responds to operations related enquiries, may act as 1st point of contact in subject matters.
- Elaboration of security concepts and guarantee of compliance with security requirements.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 8+ years of relevant work experience within the IT infrastructure area with a background of IT Backend operations.
- Profound knowledge of Windows Server Systems and ability for self-improvement in new IT Infrastructure technologies and architecture.
- Good knowledge in Active Directory and IT backend operations.
- Basic in scripting with PowerShell or other scripting tools.
- Basic in Microsoft Security Guidelines.
- Good experience in one of the following technologies: System Center Configure Manager 2012R2, System Center Operations Manager 2012R2, PKI.
- Good administrative experience with Virtual environments.
- Good understanding of network technologies and principles.
- Good knowledge of ITIL.
- Good Knowledge in Cloud technologies.
- Basic experience with Backup solutions.
- General knowledge of Linux distributions (CentOS/Red Hat/Ubuntu) installing, configuring and security hardening.
- Ability to install/remove server hardware from racks with a focus on clean wire management and labeling.
- An understanding of storage systems with a focus on NetApp management, volume, LUN creation and NFS mounts.
- Ability to troubleshoot server hardware issues and work with vendors to reach final resolution.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple assignments simultaneously, while focusing on delivery quality.
- Ability to use initiative when needed.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Quick learner and efficient ability to get into new technologies and architectures.
Even better if you have:
- A university degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Good knowledge in Office 365.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL would be an advantage.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!