Position: Human Resource Specialist
Location: San Francisco, CA 94111
Term: 6 Months
As an HR Specialist, you will partner closely with the Human Resources department to ensure excellent customer service is provided to client groups across the Bank as it relates to staffing, employee and employment matters, employment law and more.
- Communicate with various departments, employees, applicants and staff to provide guidance and assistance regarding recruitment, transfers, employment and personnel records.
- Monitor, administer and accurately update employee information in various HR and Bank systems, such as UltiPro, iCIMS, OnBase, and Form I-9.
- Manage new hire requests and open position numbers; oversee internal and external job postings and ensure staffing issues are addressed.
- Consult and assist hiring manager through the hiring phase and providing recommendations regarding recruiting and compensation.
- Create and manage offer letters; run and analyze background checks, including fingerprinting; and oversee post-hire paperwork, such as Form I-9 and sign-on bonuses.
- Input termination information into HRIS; inform Payroll department and other impacted departments and provide processing support for both resignations and involuntary terminations.
- Audit data inputs, processes, and records as needed
- Act as backup to other HR Specialists.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- One to three years of related HR experience or any combination of experience and education that offers the required skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proven experience with HRIS applications, the Microsoft suite of products, office equipment, network and inter/intranets
- Ability to interpret and communicate Bank policies and apply sound judgment when dealing with confidential employee matters
- Willingness to research issues and provide guidance or referral as appropriate to ensure employee concerns are addressed
- Excellent attention to details and accuracy of data, with the ability to prioritize and follow through on requests
- Demonstrated initiative, including a skill for asking appropriate questions to identify the needs and expectations of others
- Organizational skills and a deadline orientation that allows you to multi-task with a positive attitude.
- Provide an extraordinary level of customer service to internal and external customers/employees.
- Excellent communications skills, including proper telephone etiquette, and proven interpersonal skills that include tact, patience, courtesy and diplomacy.
- Ability to follow/manage processes and experience identifying/executing process improvement ideas
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person, with colleagues at all levels of the organization
About our client:
Founded in 1985, our client and its subsidiaries offer private banking, private business banking and private wealth management, including investment, trust and brokerage services. Join a team that continues to make significant investments in its digital solutions, including upgrading our consumer-facing technology.