Position: Human Resources Generalist
Location: Lebanon, IN 46052
Term: Direct Hire
Salary Range: 75-85K + bonus
This role will support the distribution centers, splitting your time between the locations within the specific territory you support.
Primary focus for these roles are:
*Project and Change management skills to lead HR initiatives
*Performance management coaching and guidance (working with leaders to help them learn how to give professional performance feedback, document performance coaching, and move through Corrective action processes)
*Build relationships with site leadership and internal stakeholders
HR Generalist Job Description:
* Assists the management team with all required forms and notifications for various Human Resources related information such as, new hire, terminations and salary increases.
* In conjunction with the HR Advisor team, manages associate relations for both union and/or non-union associates such as disciplinary issues and termination.
* Provides coaching to warehouse line leaders to support human resources management, problem solving and performance management for both union and non-union associates.
* Partners with the HR Advisor team to ensure that all FMLA and other forms and communication relative to Leave of Absences are completed and provided on a timely basis in accordance with Federal and State requirements.
* Partners with the Talent Acquisition team on recruiting for open positions including market labor analysis and advertising and coordinating the logistics for Job Fairs and Interview days.
* Participates in the recruiting process by screening resumes, interviewing and working with hiring managers to select skilled applicants in order to fill any open positions within the distribution center.
* Assists with the completion of the new hire process including offer letter, drug screening, criminal background check, new hire paperwork, and associate benefits and compensation information.
* Conducts new hire orientation and open enrollment meetings as well as specific location onboarding plans.
* Completes all reports / logs and associated documentation required for compliance and completion of Affirmative Action plans.
* Provides training and education to associates on various compliance-related topics such as worker's compensation, affirmative action, workplace violence, sexual harassment and performance management.
* Delivers targeted HR training to the facilities including leadership training, learning map training and developmental training to the warehouse associates in the facility.
* Coordinates and participates in the exit interview process in order to compile measurable data relevant to turnover and attrition.
* Provides local administration for various companywide programs as assigned.
* Serves as a point of contact for various associate related records and files such as vacation and overtime logs, as well as Kronos time management.
* Acts as communication conduit to distribution center lead team members, HR Business Partners/Senior HRBPs on HR policies and legal compliance and the potential impact at their facility.
* Provides communication on changes and updates on all HR programs, policies and benefits and compensation programs.
* Promotes and encourages positive working relationships with and between associates as well as external contacts; assists in organizing and managing associate events including engagement activities.
* Up to 25% travel on a monthly basis required.
* Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year bachelor's degree program
* Normally requires a minimum of four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience
* Normally requires a professional license or certificate in specialized field; Professional Human Resources (PHR) preferred
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
* Effective presentation skills
* Strong training and associate relations experience
* Ability to counsel management on associate relations issues; ability to deal with sensitive information
* Ability to participate in major organizational change initiatives
* Strong analytical and mathematical skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
* Ability to meet deadlines
* Strong decision-making skills
* Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Experience Includes:
*Highly competitive and high turnover market, cultural experience and leadership development skills preferred