Local: Seattle Washington. Some onsite required
Experience a collaborative culture focused on continual improvement where a casual atmosphere and belief in balance supports our empowered teams. Our lean HR team is focused on delivering results through proactive business partnership, cultivation of a high performance, employee-focused culture and recruitment and retention of topnotch talent.
- 4+ years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated experience managing federal and WA State employment law, such as ADA, FMLA, PDL, WFLA, FLSA, ACA, Worker’s Compensation, Disability Programs and Unemployment Claims
- Demonstrated experience supporting compliance activities such as ACA, 5500, EEO and non-discrimination testing
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Customer focus and project management, in a self-starting and results oriented environment
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees, providing functional support, guidance, and direction to employees and business leaders; to include but not exclusive to benefits, recruiting, HR programs and reporting
- Manage leaves of absences including review, documentation, approval and direct communication with employees and management on return-to-work status; counseling employees about their leave options and coaching supervisors through employee leaves; Administer Workers Compensation
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws pertaining to benefits programs and employment law
- Apply your detail orientation and high degree of accuracy to manage the integrity of employee records and files, including processing new hire paperwork, exit paperwork, eVerify and HRIS updates.
- Participate in the execution of company-wide HR programs, such as Open Enrollment, Performance Reviews and morale initiatives
- Involvement in talent management - activities may include sourcing candidates, screening resumes, conducting phone screens, and performing reference and background checks
- Partner with the HR team in event planning and general office and facilities administration
- Flexibility to support team members, from covering the front desk to partnering on company-wide initiatives
- Demonstrated employee relations skills, excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Organized with a high attention to detail, adept at managing concurrent deadlines and multiple priorities with proven experience following through with success; Adept at managing concurrent deadlines and multiple priorities
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, studying and applying new information readily
- Proven ability to think critically and anticipate issues before they arise, and proactively suggest solutions
- Experience in tech environments preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, HR Management, related field and