Large retail and technology company in Grapevine, TX is seeking an HR Generalist for a 3 months+ contract role with possibility of extending long-term or converting to permanent. This role requires that you work onsite at the corporate office in Grapevine, TX (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm with slight flexibility)
In this role, you will support the administrative functions of the Talent Acquisition (TA) Process for several very quickly growing teams, including Customer Care. Must have at least 2 years of experience as an HR Generalist, preferably with background using Workday. Must be highly trainable and able to quickly learn new tools, technologies and processes. Must have very strong customer service acumen and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
As an HR Generalist, you will assist the Human Resources Department with administering process, handling TA issues, and interfacing with management to ensure the success of their HR goals. Additionally, you will engage in the following daily activities:
- Assist HR Managers, Supervisors, and Managers with talent acquisition issues, which include approving sourcing, screening, process management, etc.
- Maintain and update job descriptions.
- Assist Human Resources department with projects.
- Organize and assist with recruitment efforts including job fairs, job reality summits, interviewing, and new hire orientations.
- Coordinate pre-employment, random, and post-accident drug screens Assist with pre-screening resumes/applications and scheduling interviews as needed.
- Provide additional clerical duties as needed to support the overall function of the department.
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Effectively manage your time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved no matter how small, shows concern for all aspects of the job accurately checks processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Business, Human Resources or Psychology preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in Human Resources in an administrative or support capacity required, that includes employee relations experience is required
- Proficient working knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs, specifically, Access, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Word
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English – bilingual English/Spanish communication skills preferred
- Ability to be flexible to adapt to changing priorities and perform basic task work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to answer telephone and initiate phone calls in a professional manner
- Possess accurate typing and data entry skills
- Ability to use a basic office equipment and machinery, including fax machine, photocopier, and 10-key pad on a computer keyboard
- High customer service acumen