National 3rd Party Logistics company is hiring a HighJump Implementation Engineer for a 6 months+ contract-to-hire role in their IT department. As the HighJump Implementation Engineer, you will manage and support the deployment of Enterprise HighJump WMS technology for large customers in North America. In this role, you will work 100% remote from home with 25-50% travel (as needed) to customer locations across the U.S.
Must have a strong background in Logistics, understanding best practices and be conversant in warehouse operations terminology. Must have hands-on experience with HighJump WMS (Warehouse Management System) technology and any experience with HighJump Enterprise 3PL is preferred.
Responsible for coordinating all product activities during the life of a project; including but not limited to, HighJump WMS design, implementation planning and execution; vendor liaise; customer liaise; development and maintenance of product documentation; development and maintenance of product training materials; testing support; troubleshooting; and Level 3 production support.
- Will maintain an expert working knowledge of the HighJump Enterprise 3PL software, along with a basic understanding of other similar product functionality being deployed. An understanding of both the functional and technical aspects of the product is required, as well as an understanding of the product's capabilities and limitations
- Develop a technical process and perform analysis and/or specify an integrated solution between systems
- Deliver small to large/complex HighJump WMS solutions, capable of taking minimal direction from a project lead, and working independently, as necessary
- Write operational and system procedures with detail following a pre-designed format
- Drill down from a high-level process with consistency and identify WMS configuration based on process flow.
- Work out complicated system and operational solutions within a framework (operational flow) and little other known information.
- Follow a data map and technical process to ensure that the system performs as expected
- Ability to design a test plan
- Manage scope and present alternatives
- Manage and report on a budget
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, and supervisors)
- Manage vendor relationships and deliverables
- Ensure implementation quotes are consistent with the contract.
- Review of vendor invoices.
- Resolve or escalate to Product Manager any issues with vendor performance. This function deals with implementation and post implementation support issues.
- Serves as the account manager for customer accounts after HighJump WMS Implementation
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or University in Information Technology or related field
- Five (5) years or more logistics experience
- Five (5) years or more IT experience
- Experience with the warehouse or logistics ERP, HighJump Enterprise 3PL (previously, Accellos 3PL) WMS knowledge