Our client is seeking a Help Desk Support Specialist for a contract-to-hire opportunity!
The Help Desk Support Specialist provides on-site and remote technical support assistance and order fulfillment to end users. This position is part of the Client Services team and is the primary face of IT to the organization. This position requires being comfortable working with all levels of the organization, including its Board of Directors. They must be able to use their practical knowledge of the client’s hardware, operating system and applications to resolve problems and fulfill requests. This position provides support primarily over the phone, via remote sessions and through email, but does involve occasional deskside support as well.
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Provides top-quality customer service to a variety of end users with different levels of computer proficiency across multiple client hardware and software platforms.
- Uses active listening skills and asks probing questions to determine the user’s need and utilizes available solutions to fulfill orders and resolve issues.
- Enters, classifies, prioritizes, monitors, resolves and escalates incident tickets using the client's ticketing system.
- Enters, prioritizes, monitors, approves, fulfills and escalates orders and service request tickets using the Matrix42 Service Management product suite.
- Resolves username and password login issues for domain, VPN and various application accounts.
- Windows 10, application, hardware and basic network connectivity troubleshooting
- Provides mobile device support (iOS and Android phones & tablets).
- Asset management (hardware and software), including auditing and remediation.
- Hardware and software sourcing and procurement.
- Works with advanced level support staff as needed to provide solutions for incidents and service requests.
- Maintains a working relationship with vendors to ensure smooth order fulfillment and problem resolution.
- Produces and maintains quality technical and customer-facing documentation.
- Remains abreast of changes in system hardware and software requirements.
- Works with Information Security to address vulnerabilities when they arise.
- Complies with established safety and operating rules, procedures, and guidelines. Responsible for reporting unsafe practices to a supervisor.
- Complies with established Information Security Handbook, policies, procedures, and guidelines. Responsible for reporting suspected information security incidents to Information Security.
- Participates in projects as needed and adheres to project plans.
- Performs other duties and activities as directed.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office in a customer-focused Help Desk Support role
- 1+ year of experience with iOS and Android phone & tablet configuration, deployment & troubleshooting
- 1+ year of experience with enterprise asset management software
- Fits the “co-op culture” with principles of safety first, employee dedication, outstanding service and exceeding customer expectations
- Must possess excellent critical thinking and troubleshooting abilities
- Team-oriented performer, focused on the tasks and goals of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in person, over the telephone and via email
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to complete tasks accurately and efficiently and maintain focus in an environment with frequent distractions
- Must be a motivated self-starter
Skills and Abilities Preferred
- Working knowledge of enterprise systems management or asset management software
- Dell and Lenovo desktop & laptop hardware troubleshooting
- Basic Active Directory administration
- Basic Email administration
- Basic TCP/IP troubleshooting
- Software and hardware procurement, including vendor relations as well as purchase order and invoice processing
- Understands software licensing and maintenance agreement renewals
- Provide backup coverage for Help Desk Support 1 functions
- Must have and maintain a valid Texas driver's license
- Ability to work after hours and on weekends as required for projects and on-call support
- Ability to work from home when required