This nationwide industry leader has an immediate 6-12+ month contract opportunity (with strong chance for extension) in Los Angeles, CA for a Help Desk Support Technician. This position requires working 100% onsite. Will provide client focused support to end users on a variety of IT issues, including but not limited to, account services, software and hardware issues. Will also identify, research, and resolve technical problems. Will respond to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Will document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution.
- Provide quality first level support to users via telephone and email with limited direction.
- Escalate issues to senior staff and/or other departments as appropriate.
- Communicate issues effectively to team as well as other groups.
- Document issues according to established processes.
- Follow defined departmental policies, processes and procedures.
- Meet predetermined schedules and mandated deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple and, sometimes, competing priorities with some guidance.
- Create, track and manage service requests for new hires, client moves and terminations
- Process hardware and software requests.
- 3 to 5 years' experience serving on a telephone response Help Desk/Service Desk
- Knowledge of Ticket Management Systems. ServiceNow or Jira preferred.
- 3+ years' experience with PC hardware/software desktop support
- A positive attitude and a conscientious commitment to customer service and problem resolution
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels, including executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Windows hardware and OS knowledge.
- Apple device hardware and OS knowledge.
- SCCM and/or JAMF administration and use for centralized management of devices.
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN) with RSA Administration.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- Proven ability to support virtual desktops and applications is a plus (Citrix).
- ServiceNow or Jira use and knowledge.
- A basic understanding of Windows TCP/IP networking.
- Active Directory User/Computer Account Administration.
- Mobile Device support knowledge (iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.).