Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Come work for this top-ranked U.S. hospital and be part of a larger initiative providing innovative treatments, advanced technology, and collaboration among clinicians and scientists.
Position: Health Care Navigator
Location: Brisbane, California, 94005
Term: 2 months (03-Aug-2020 - 18-Sep-2020)
- Patient Engagement and Care Navigation
- Performs outreach for patient engagement and relationship building for ongoing support of patients and families. Working collaboratively with providers/staff across departments/facilities/agencies, assists patients towards improved recovery and management of clinical conditions. Reinforces treatment plans established by inpatient, primary care, and specialty care providers.
- Provides education and guidance to patients through health coaching; assists the patient in identifying their health care goals, working with the team to follow the plan of care and provide support and resources to help the patient achieve those goals.
- Using Motivational Interviewing, coaches patients in identifying their health goals, providing resources and ongoing support as well as reinforcing treatment plans documented by the care team.
- Assists patients with wellness-related activities, such as basic health information, care coordination, communication with the health center, appointment scheduling with reminders, and medication management. Assists patients in accessing transportation to medical visits, durable medical equipment, prescription medications, and other resources/services. In collaboration with the clinical team, coordinates care and assists patients during transitions of care.
- Patient Satisfaction
- Provides support during patient stay or clinic visit. Recommends changes or new processes to increase patient satisfaction in navigating across the healthcare system for services.
- Clinical Documentation
- Documents all patient encounters in the medical record. Collaborates with clinical staff in problem-solving patient needs and requests for same-day appointments and other appointments requiring care coordination. Works together with the clinical team in the processing and follow-through of urgent patient needs. Uses electronic communication platforms to ensure streamlined communication with team members and tracking of quality metrics.
- Coordinates with other departments, UCSF partners, and patients as needed to obtain and document medical records needed for quality improvement priorities in population health
- Strong skills to comprehend and assess patient's grievances to quickly locate appropriate resource for assistance. In-depth knowledge of the organization and how to get issues resolved.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to communicate and resolve issues effectively with a diverse population of patients, staff and physicians.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to develop solutions and recommend changes and follow through with implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Has the skills to work independently in a fast-paced, demanding environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously, including high daily call volume
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- BA/BS degree and a minimum of 2+ years previous experience in a healthcare related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. EMT, health educator, community health worker, social worker, health plan, medical corps and clinical office. staff.)