MATRIX has partnered with a premier client in finding their Head of Application Development. This is a great opportunity to expand your career and work with a well known company and look towards career growth.
Are you local the Chicago area and love working downtown? Are you a senior level IT executive on the Applications Development side with a love for Agile and background in AWS, managing teams of over 20 people, all in a .NET environment? Does coaching others and establishing and maintaining security and quality standards excite you? Are you extremely collaborative and enjoy working with your teammates? Are you looking for your next long term contract opportunity? This position may be for you!!!
The Head of Application Development will be a senior leader within the Information Technology team and is responsible for all areas of application development. This technology leader will own the future development efforts of our custom client portal.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and be energized by working amongst a diverse group of thoughtful, smart, fast-paced and successful colleagues. The candidate will enjoy being a part of an organization focused on excellence, be a strong team player with a proactive approach and have the ability to take initiative with discretion and judgment.
- Coach, mentor and manage a team of developers.
- Proven ability to lead a team of IT professionals to deliver solutions on-time and to specifications
- Responsible for maintaining and enforcing software security and quality standards
- Responsible for enforcing coding standards and processes - ensuring consistency, well written, documented, and commented code
- Establish strong working relationships with business members and associated vendor partners
- Create an application roadmap vision that aligns with business initiatives and goals
- Meet with the business owners to and gather feedback and help prioritize project initiatives
- Meet with business owners and project stake holders to build business requirements for project initiatives
- AWS cloud platform
- Azure pipelines
- Salesforce platform
- MERN stack expertise
- Project planning, develop, and design
- Support QA by participating in test plan reviews, attending triage meetings, and providing bug fixes.
- Ability to mature our SDLC process, including agile-light and unit testing process
Requirements: The ideal experience and critical competencies for the assignment include the following:
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. Industry certifications preferred.
- Minimum Requirements: 10+ years IT experience involving application development, software development lifecycle, code review, and application support
- Minimum 3 years experience leading development teams
- Strong knowledge and experience with object-oriented design/development
- Strong experience in the systems and software development life cycle including design, development, coding, testing and implementation.
- Understanding of relevant technologies and development life cycles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to effectively communicate and interact with user on all levels.