Position: Hardware Technician
Location: Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
Hourly Rate: $29/hr.
Term: 8 Months Contract
- For Mainframe Hardware installation and configuration.
- Create Ficon and OSA cabling diagrams for data center infrastructure to use in cabling Mainframe infrastructure.
- Create RFCs (Changes) for hardware installs, upgrades and removals (move, add and changes), and hardware repair activities as needed.
- The ability to request power and cabling in client’s Service Now tool.
- The ability to map out mainframe I/O devices through Ficon Directors from mainframe I/O drawers for maximum throughput and availability.
- Work with client facilities and staff to receive and place hardware on the raised floor in a team environment.
Is it a good fit? (Requirements):
- An in-depth knowledge of IBM DASD Subsystems and operation.
- A detailed knowledge of IBM Ficon/Fiber channel configuration, operation, and IBM Ficon director connection practices.
- Working knowledge of Brocade switches.
- The ability to draft cable plans.
- Working knowledge of Obtain DCIM tool (by Knowledge Flow)
- Working knowledge of IBM z/Series Mainframe devices, attached I/O devices and physical layouts.
- Familiarity with IBM HMC configuration and operation with IBM mainframe hardware.
- An in-depth knowledge of IBM Virtual Tape Installation and Operation along with IBM Virtual tape GRID concepts.
- Knowledge of IBM Mainframe OSA adapters and a basic knowledge of TCPIP and networking practices.