Location: San Francisco, CA
Our rapidly scaling global SaaS Identity client is looking for a Hardware Specialist to join the Business TechnologySupport and Services Team. This role will be part of the backbone of technology logistics. You will support all hardware lifecycle including shipping, receiving, assigning, removing, and tracking assets throughout the employee lifecycle process. In addition, you will be able to troubleshoot hardware and software issues on new and re-purposed Apple, Dell, Lenovo, Intel, etc. devices.
- New Hire Onboarding - Ensuring new hires receive their equipment on time
- Employee Lifecycle - Tracking and managing hardware returns
- Hardware Repair - Facilitating hardware replacements, and working with vendors such as Apple or Dell to have devices repaired.
- Inventory reconciliation: Consolidating data from multiple sources and correlating it with employee records to ensure accuracy in the inventory system.
- A successful Hardware Specialist will have strong attention to detail, a good sense of timeliness and urgency, and will be knowledgeable on Mac, Windows, and Linuxdevices.
- Responsible for hardware logistics, asset management, and facilitating hardware repairs with vendors.
- Regular auditing of asset and configuration management records.
- Weekly shipping of hardware to new hire employees.
- Receive and process returned hardware.
- Conduct quarterly reconciliation inventories.
- Maintain clean CMDB and asset records.
- Entry level to 2-3 years experience working in an internal IT Support Role.
- 1-2 years experience shipping and receiving to domestic locations.
- Experience working with asset management systems, such as SnipeIT and/or ServiceNow.
- Technical knowledge of MDM/UEM systems such as Jamf, Workspace One, etc.
- Experience with ServiceNow as a ticketing system.
- Knowledge of asset lifecycle management best practices.
- Experience working with vendors to repair damaged assets.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring procedures are completed in accordance with the requirements.
- Strong organization and time management skills, and ability to multi-task and follow up on action items/requests in a timely manner.
- Experience troubleshooting laptop hardware.
- Previous experience working in a stock room or with an expansive inventory system.
- Experience shipping through FedEx.
- International shipping experience.
- Understanding of donation processes and vendor lifecycle.
- Experience supporting remote users.
- Ability to map processes and procedures, and identify areas of improvement.
- Ability to track and report on expenses, produce reports, and give contextual analysis on the data.