Title: Operating System/Kernel Developer
Type: Contract - 6+ Months
Location: Remote - US
Our client, a multinational software corporation, is seeking an Operating System/Kernel Developer. The client is looking for a developer focusing on operating systems and virtualization to optimize the client's Cloud Infrastructure and its automation while increasing its utilization and reliability.
A successful candidate will contribute innovations into a world-spanning industry scale cloud infrastructure. The set-up of the client's Innovation Office is highly interdisciplinary to understand the current challenges, and trade-offs, learn about and keep up with state-of-the-art datacenter designs, and find opportunities to improve data centers by tailoring such designs to the demands of the client's cloud offerings.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- As a Hardware Engineer, you will undertake innovations towards crafting and implementing novel solutions arising from a multitude of real-world problems of datacenters.
- Considering the full stack and having an out of the box thinking and a team up mentality is important to create impact at the client's Cloud Infrastructure.
- Learning new skills and growing in new technical areas is as much expected as the willingness to work in agile, cross-functional teams.
- Possible contributions range from rack-level infrastructure over the composition of individual servers and down to novel compute or network accelerators.
- In addition, interest in and willingness to grow into new technical areas is strongly encouraged.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, electrical engineering, or a closely related area
- Strong oral communication and technical writing skills
- Background in computer architecture or in working with server hardware
- Ability to survey and critically engage with academic publications and technical documentation
- Familiarity with at least one of C/C++/Rust and one hardware description language (Verilog/VHDL/Chisel/…)
- Experience with Linux kernel development, software defined networking, or distributed systems is a plus
- Ability to work EST hours