Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: Graphic Designer
Location: Addison, TX
Term: 6 months
The Graphic Designer will provide creative services on a wide variety of marketing, advertising and publications. Responsibilities include;
- Provides graphic design and creative production services. Will be principle designer on some of the client's most important publications. Will also provide design services as needed on other projects. Will coordinate with Art Directors as needed to make sure designs comply with all brand and market standard. Provides advice and guidance for other Design Studio production artists and designers for digital and print projects. Partners with art directors and other creative staff to provide design services on Studio jobs. Has a strong visual style with an understanding of typography, layout, color and images. Strong understanding of sizing images, revising existing files and layouts, converting to a variety of formats.
- Prepares print and digital projects for publication. Utilizes strong knowledge of print and digital production to ensure production files are built to vendor specifications and are press-ready in the case of print and publish-ready in the case of digital. Ability to handle a high volume of work and multiple projects simultaneously. Completes assignments with speed and accuracy to meet time, budget, and client needs. Keeps up-to-date records of project time. Strictly follows departmental procedures for naming, storing and archiving digital files. Responsible for placing all hi-res images into mechanical files as well as finalizing formal page layouts from printer specifications that were provided by Print Producer. Pre-flights files, performs quality evaluations and makes necessary revisions or recommendations in order to ensure print-ready standards.
- Coordinates and partners with the creative staff including Art Directors, Print Producers, Account Management, Traffic, photo retouchers, and photographers. Works closely with Account Managers and Traffic to help ensure jobs are scheduled properly and completed on time. Communicates with print producers to make sure materials are delivered to vendor specifications. Works with the Print Services Manager to make sure digital and printed materials are built per department standards. Partners with Creative staff (art directors, creative directors, designers) to ensure Studio creative projects are completed per brand standards and meet client creative expectations. Is familiar with the process for requesting photo retouching, marking color revisions on proofs, and verifying color accuracy of printed and digital materials. Arranges and directs photography and internal photo shoots as needed to support Studio projects.
- 3-5 years of creative and graphic work experience in design studio, advertising agency or corporate communications environment.
- Extensive knowledge of file preparation and mechanical building resulting in a press-ready file that passes pre-flight checklists. Strong understanding of the printing workflow management processes in order to prepare 1-color, 2-color and 4-color projects for printed projects.
- Proficient with Apple Macintosh computers. Highly proficient using Adobe Creative Cloud applications including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows operating system.
- Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once while keeping on track to meet deadlines. Must have strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with vendors and internal groups.