Terrific Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: Global Procurement Analyst IV
Term: 6 months
- Perform market research.
- Analyst will locate and perform analysis on market and industry data.
- Keep knowledge base current with industry trends, market research and analytic tools
- Perform rigorous analysis.
- Become familiar with internal category data.
- Work with the buyer to develop savings hypotheses.
- Develop analysis around hypotheses.
- Build insight from the analysis and provide preliminary findings/recommendations to buyer. Findings from one analysis often prompt further analysis and analyst should take the initiative to further the analysis as needed.
- Develop and maintain detailed cost model for the category.
- Develop and maintain data bases on current and future (forecast) internal usage and prices/costs for all items within the assigned categories.
- Identify and recommend cost savings opportunities identified by the analysis of both the internal and market data.
- Complete templates for category strategy review.
- Locate data and complete templates for category strategy review according to pre-set schedule.
- Communicate information to buyer. Analysts spend considerable time in the data and should communicate relevant market data and/or inconsistencies to buyer.
- Prepare tracking reports and pre-reads for weekly updates from the Non-woven task force and Category Transformation meetings
- Work with category experts to find opportunities and then create simple models to quantify the opportunities based on a set of assumptions which have been developed with the stakeholders.
- Bachelor degree (Finance, Economics or Business Admin preferred).
- Three to five years experience analytic experience (financial, research, consulting).
- MBA highly preferred.
Skills / Requirements:
- High proficiency in Excel and Access.
- Ability to drive insight from data analysis.
- Hypothesis building, advanced modeling and regression analysis.
- Presentation skills, project management, change management.
- Understanding of global business needs.
Apply to MATRIX today!