Our established client is seeking a GIS Technician for a long-term contract position in Valdosta, GA. This position will involve editing road center lines and the associated road characteristics.
- Will be part of a team that is using local (city and county) GIS street data to inventor statewide road networks
- Editing road centerlines and the associated road characteristics
- Coordination with local government entities to attempt to obtain data and verify ownership of roads.
- Proficiency with the ArcGIS 10.x Desktop software suite.
- Completion or near completion (in process) four-year college degree in GIS, Geography, or a related field
- Possess an extensive working knowledge of the ESRI ArcGIS 10.x Desktop software suite and general GIS principles and concepts
- Highly skilled using the ArcGIS editing tools, and should be familiar with shapefiles, personal/file geodatabases, geodatabase topology and editing in a SDE multi-user database.
- Familiar with querying databases and be able to validate data.
- Experience with creating and editing GIS data, and GIS work experience with a city or county government agency.
Apply with MATRIX Today!