Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: GIS Technician
Location: Atlanta, GA 30308
Term: 6 months
Our client is seeking a GIS Technician to assist with its GIS Coordination effort. The position will be part of a team that is using GIS street data to inventory the road network.
- The position will involve editing road centerlines and the associated road characteristics.
- The position will also require coordination with government entities to attempt to obtain data and verify ownership of roads.
- Completion or near completion (in process) four-year college degree in GIS, Geography, or a related field, and proficiency with the ArcGIS 10.x Desktop software suite.
- Posses an extensive working knowledge of the ESRI ArcGIS 10.x Desktop software suite and general GIS principles and concepts.
- The individual should be detail-oriented and highly skilled using the ArcGIS editing tools, and should be familiar with shapefiles, personal/file geodatabases, geodatabase topology and editing in a SDE multi-user database.
- The candidate should be familiar with querying databases and be able to validate data.
- The candidate must have the technical agility, focus, flexibility, enthusiasm and vision to complement and enhance the Coordination Team.
- The candidate must be able to coordinate, plan, and support simultaneous tasks and GIS projects; query data; prepare and deliver reports to the immediate supervisor and others; use geospatial data in the creation and production of GIS maps and data; and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- 2 (or more) years of transportation related experience - creating/editing linear referencing networks, associated attribute data, and familiarity with annexation ordinances, metes and bounds descriptions establishing corporate limits.
- Additional preference will be given for those that have GIS work experience with a government agency.