Title: IT GIS Analyst
Term: 6 Month Contract
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
This position is responsible for performing analytical duties in support of Geographical Information Systems. Ability
to troubleshoot user problems, create and change map and data layers, perform Quality Assurance/Quality Control
and conduct routine needs analysis.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Provides complex technical support and troubleshoots problems for GIS system users and internal/external
- Collects, organizes and categorizes GIS information; creates data layers.
- Produces digital data for County personnel, contractors, private entities, and the public utilizing a variety of
- Performs quality control for GIS, including converting files, importing and analyzing data, and reviewing
- Gather, compile, migrate and convert data sets for project needs from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Evaluate data from multiple sources to determine the quality and ensure data is clean and accurate.
- Edit and manipulate GIS data for map production and analysis.
- Extracting and organizing data; performing quality control to ensure accuracy and completeness of all data,
researching source documents and/or coordinating with others to resolve missing or conflicting data and other
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in GIS, geography, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and
- GISP certification preferred
Apply to MATRIX today!