Long term contract opportunity in for a Legal Counsel/Lawyer-Expert to assist with the revision of current, and development of new, procedures, precedents, templates and related ways of enhancing the provision of legal support, with emphasis on technology agreements. This role will collaborate with business, sourcing and other teams in the Company.
- Update info security and cloud terms based on strong familiarity with current industry best practices.
- Link regulatory requirements with contract provisions.
- Integrate terms to cover evolving technology (e.g., tokenization) as well as dynamic laws and regulations, (e.g., data privacy) in a streamlined, common sense manner while remaining sensitive to risks and controls.
- Review and update current licensing terms and contractual approaches to create a more efficient negotiation process.
- Develop playbook for key technology terms for use by legal and non legal personnel.
- Develop more nimble and versatile umbrella master agreement that can also be readily updated as laws or Company views (e.g., risk appetite) change and evolve.
- Draft and negotiate new agreements as well as update legacy contract arrangements.
- 5 to 7 years of proven general commercial transactional experience, with an emphasis on IP and technology transactions.
- Must have demonstrable experience reviewing, revising, drafting, negotiating and advising on sophisticated and complex transactions, and ability to engage and complete transactions quickly and effectively, with minimal supervision.
- Active State Bar certification and membership as an attorney qualified to practice law in any US state required.
- Prior in house experience preferred
About our client
Our client stands as one of the world’s most global
banks and a trusted brand with over 200 years of
continuously evolving financial services. Its teams
provide unique insights to more than 200 million
clients and enable progress all over the world.
While growing your career, you will work alongside
some of the smartest minds in the industry who are
excited to share their knowledge and to learn from
you. From analysts to architects, developers to data
scientists, our client’s employees operate as one
team where each voice is heard, and each perspective