Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Fund Accountant
Location: Remote - MUST be within appropriate commute distance to worksites:
- NYC – 11 West 42nd Street, 3rd Floor | New York, NY 10036
- MN – 400 West 78th Street, Suite 200 | Minneapolis, MN 55435 (Bloomington, MN)
- CAL– 601 South Figueroa Street, Suite 5000 | Los Angeles, CA 90017
Term: 6 months
- Performs intensive review of monthly property level reports.
- Produces fund financial statements and other required financial information including but not limited to investor funded and unfunded commitments, asset accrual methodology and output.
- Maintains sharehold registries.
- Prepares periodic financial statements and assists with audit and tax preparation and audit review.
- Prepares investment and positions reconciliations and daily reconciliation of cash balances.
- Performs periodic asset payment, cash and corporate action reconciliations.
- Posts journal entries and money-movement transactions.
- Ensures all fund transactions are properly posted to accounting system.
- Prepares and reconciles daily trial balances for assigned funds.
- Updates and monitors daily trading, general ledger activity and pricing of funds to ensure accuracy of daily NAV calculation.
- Prepares, analyzes and review periodic NAV calculations. Prepares investor capital call/distribution notices.
- Prepares IRR and performance reporting models.
- Assists with security master and reporting set-up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Degree from a four-year college or university program with an emphasis in accounting, finance or related field required.
- A minimum of three years accounting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Prior experience in fund level accounting preferred with real estate accounting or fund accounting software systems.
- CPA, CMA or other relevant professional certifications a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires intermediate knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations including an intermediate knowledge of financial terms and principles to include accounting methods (cash, accrual, and full GAAP).
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts intermediate financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite Products).
- Ability to work in multiple accounting software applications.
If this looks like a perfect fit, apply today!