Our client is seeking a Functional Data Analyst for a contract opportunity located in Irving, TX
KEY RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES:
- Utilize database knowledge, system capabilities to collect, clean, analyze, and effectively communicate information:
- Identify and resolve data quality problems
- Evaluate large data sets for quality and accuracy
- Work with stakeholders to correct data quality errors
- Able to examine and interpret relevant data to quickly develop an analysis plan that will answer key business questions and create value for the organization
- Particularly skilled in quantitative analysis and data management
- Analyze data, draw insights, and present results in a cohesive, intuitive, and simplistic manner to site and executive management in monthly and quarterly meetings
- Identifies opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the systems and process being examined (process improvement/reengineering projects).
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities throughout the data life cycle
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in cross functional team meetings.
- Proactively contributes to multiple projects to support the solution design process and delivers the analytical models and algorithms to achieve business value
- Cultivates a wide range of internal networks and begins to develop an external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks.
- May demonstrate basic project management skills by acting as a project lead on small, well defined project.
- Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management
- Plans, organizes and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule
- Exercises authority and judgement within defined limits to determine appropriate action.
“MUST HAVE” SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Statistics.
- Strong database experience, e.g. SQL or Oracle
- 2+ years of in-depth technical knowledge/expertise in the following Azure services; Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Data Warehouse/DB, Azure Data Factory, Blob Storage or complementing technologies.
- Experience implementing process improvements and efficiencies
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation / facilitation skills (e.g. giving PowerPoint presentations, explaining data analysis findings for Executive Reviews and Product Reviews).
- Self-starter who can plan their own work to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, have a strong desire to learn, and be adaptable to a fast paced, ever-changing environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- EDUCATION: Bachelors/4 Yr Degree
- YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: 5+ Years