Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Functional Analyst
Location: Richmond Virginia 23219
Term: 5 months
- Understand the operational systems of a client in order to discover and document required modifications to improve both business and technical processing.
- Drive to detailed requirements and translate them into technical design specifications to be used by internal staff to develop the system modifications.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis to identify system gaps and deficiencies that require a business, technical or blended approach for resolution.
- Diagram proposed modifications using architecture and data flow diagrams, so that both technical staff and executive management can understand what must be done.
- Propose alternative solutions that balance cost and benefit, and adequately test a solution’s feasibility for business and technical compatibility.
- Document current state processes where documentation is missing or out of date.
- Collaborate with staff, vendors, consultants, and contractors as they are engaged on tasks to formulate, detail and test potential and implemented solutions.
- Ensure documentation of requirements and uses cases are completed.
- Facilitate requirements and design sessions for assigned projects.
- Participate with the Quality Analyst and Tester in defining test objectives, and designing test plans and test cases for assigned deliveries.
- Assist in the design of reusable regression tests on existing applications.
- Report to management on status of work for milestones and deliverables.
- Provide analysis for opportunities to define and measure progress with metrics present findings to project team and management for adoption and implementation.
- Provide analysis and documentation for continuous improvement and drive to excellence within the Functional Analyst, QA and Testing team.
- Must be proficient in business process management concepts on BPM tools. Strong experience in creating business process models.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Minimum of 10 years of experience delivering business and systems analysis artifacts.
- 10+ years of experience and proven ability to cull customer requirements and prioritize them into key requirements.
- 10+ years of experience eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases.
- 10+ years of experience delivering business and systems analysis artifacts.
- 10+ years of experience with large, multi-module systems.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills.
Even better if you have:
- CBAP, TOGAF certification.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!