Seeking a Python Full-Stack Web Developer for a remote contract for the foreseeable future.
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Our client's goal is to provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs
Position: Full-stack Web Developer
Location: Remote until June 2021, then Durham, NC
Term: 6 months initial term with renewable contracts following based on performance and need
- Mid-to-senior-level full-stack web developer.
- At least 5 years full-time professional software development experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build and deploy Python-based web applications.
- Strong understanding of and experience with agile/Scrum software development practices.
- Experience with git merge workflows.
- Understanding of relational database systems and knowledge of SQL .
- Experience using container technologies (docker-compose) for local development.
- Understanding of cloud-based microservices architecture.
- Understanding of and experience with Python testing frameworks (unittest, pytest).
- Understanding of CI/CD and experience with at least one CI/CD framework (github actions, gitlab CI, Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.)
- Front-end development frameworks (React, VueJS, etc.) and packaging
- Messaging engines and task queues (RabbitMQ, Celery).
Collaborate with an agile software development and product team to design, develop, test, and support complex cloud-based web applications and microservices.
- Analyze software requirements / stories to design software that meet business needs. Perform all necessary discovery and fact finding to fully understand more complex business problems
- Be able to independently execute all tasks, while working in a highly collaborative team.
- Write well designed, well-tested, and efficient software.
- Provide strong technical expertise and collaborate with other subject matter experts to rapidly develop and deliver stunning solutions that meet changing business needs.
- Provide and receive code reviews to help maintain consistently high deliverable software quality.
- Analyze and recommend solutions to development and production issues while effectively communicating to the project team, customers, and/or the manager in a timely manner.
- Research and stay abreast of technology trends and development best practices, with a focus on continuous learning and possible application to the business.
Soft Skills Required
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills to facilitate effective working relationships with stakeholders, team members, and customers.
- Ability to manage and/or participate in projects and ensure work is completed on time with high quality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-directed, highly organized, and adaptable, with the ability to effectively multi-task as needed.